Sunday, September 30

Surprise visitors

Last week Tuesday we had 4 surprise visitors.  Nicks aunt Debra, her boyfriend, and 2 of her friends were all on a vacation throughout Europe for 2 weeks.  The night before they all flew back home I get a phone call at 5:30 saying they were on base.  Um, what?   Many thoughts scatter my head...who's this?, you're where?, what are they doing here?, how'd you get my number?, does Nick know and not tell me?  omg...my house is a disaster!, I'm a mess! my hair, my clothes...oh well, I'm in the middle of cooking dinner, do I keep cooking or do a quick clean up?  I kept cooking.  I decided that Xander needed to be fed and that was more important than a clean house.  I'll say, the house looked liked we lived in it, ha!  But it still wasn't terribly bad, still presentable.  It was a quick visit, about a half hour, they were off to grab some dinner and then off to the hotel so they can get some rest before the long flight back home.  But, I think just them coming and taking time out of their trip was special.  Yes, I didn't know any of them at all, but Debra's family and was kind enough to pay us a visit.  Her friend Sharon kept the visit very warm. She was a very friendly person and had nice conversation.  Her and her husband were actually stationed here 5 years ago, so they were excited to see all the changes to this place.

Debra's boyfriend (i'm bad and didn't get his name), Debra, Sharon, and Alessandro (the last guy was not here, he's a mayor of something though...lol)

Sterling still checking Debra out, Xander loved Debra and wanted to leave with her

Now, my daughter does not like black women.  How embarrassing!!  She's only 6 months old and already can notice color?  She screamed. screamed! once the door opened and they walked in.  Debra wanted to hold her so bad, but Sterling just kept screaming.  So, Sharon's husband asked to take her, and she went right to him, he's white.  Seriously kid?  I was SO embarrassed!  I still am!

These visitors made a surprise visit, but one that will never be forgotten.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment