Thursday, September 20

Randomness

This post is going to be random...

Lately I've been thinking a lot about what it's like to be a military spouse (male or female) with kids.  It takes a lot of dedication, support and commitment on both spouses.  There are many spouses in the military that think they either wear their husbands rank or can make decisions for the military spouse.  Me, I could never do that.  I've been on both sides now and know how the military operates for the most part.  Although, it's a fast pace changing workforce, so I'm sure it's changed a lot since I've been in.  I want what's best for my spouse, I want what's best for his career, and I want what's best for our family.  It's that simple.  We can have all three anywhere we go.  I may not agree with every decision the Air Force makes for him, but someway, somehow, they know what will advance him during his career.  I may not see it right away.  I may be depressed and upset for awhile.  I will overcome all obstacles and put my family first.  With living in Germany, it is difficult at best, but I know our time is short here and we will move on.  There are days I miss my family dearly and I want to go to my families homes.  I want the connection of family.  I miss it.  But being in the military, you create new "family".  It's mostly your neighbors you become family with, but there are those few random families you come across that will be hard to part ways with.  There's always hope that you will be stationed with those families again, and sometimes it's a huge possibility.  We won't find out where we will be moving next until next spring, but wherever the Air Force takes us, we will rebuilt our home and make it comfortable.  My husband always asks for my input on where we should go next, and my response is always the same..."whatever's best for your career, as long as it's in the states", ha!  Now, I do have my hopes and I do state them, but really, what's best for him and our future, I can be happy.  It may take awhile, but with time, it can be done.

Next...

Schools starts on Monday.  I took a sneak peak at the class last night and am pretty excited about it.  It does not look too difficult, but the instructor does not have the assignments listed, so I'm not sure how in depth they are.  There are only 3! major assignments, a mid-term, an individual project, and a final exam.  All the rest will be reading the textbook and discussion questions and responses that relate to the reading material.  Seems simple, we will see!

Next...

I wanted to take some pictures of the kids today.  Have them dressed cute, but they are having an off day.  Making my day off.  Pictures would be a disaster.   I strive for patience every day.  Some days I'm calm and collective, but there are some days where I have to step away and take a breather.  Sterling is teething (I think) or maybe growing?  She wants to eat or gnaw on everything.  This whole week she has not been sleeping well at night.  She's up every hour screaming, goes back to sleep, then starts all over in another hour.  It's making for long days and she woke Xander up at 4:30 this morning.  I'm not sure what I should be doing, but I can't feed the kid every time she screams out. She hates being rocked or cuddled, there's really no way to soothe her.
We've gotten off our schedule this week so maybe that has something to do with her not being able to rest easily.  Xander is also off this week.  His naps have been less and less.  He did take a very good one yesterday, but every other day they are max 35 minutes!  I think we will have to start staying around the house more to get them back to normal.

Next...

I bought Xander a box of Trix last week, thinking "Trix are for kids", well not so much for him.  He does not like them.  Every morning this week I've given him the option of Trix and Mini Wheats and he always chooses mini wheats.  I love that my little man chooses the healthier option. They're my favorite also, so I don't blame him.

Lastly:

17 more days until hubby gets home!  I think about this a million times a day, I swear!

I think that's everything on my mind, thanks for stopping by...have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment