Sunday, September 23

Weekend recap

We started Friday as bums, all in sweats, lounging around the house.  After lunch we received a phone call from our friend and wanted us to go to gelato with them in a nearby village.  We were quick to jump on that offer.  The kids took naps, got changed and we headed out around 3:15.  Xander is still a bit unsure of cold things such as gelato, but he had fun playing and dipping his spoon in it.  After we enjoyed gelato, we went to the park where our friends middle child had a soccer game.  She scored a goal!  Way to go Mikaylah!!  We didn't watch all of the game, only like 10 minutes.  We played at the park...


going down the slide with Alexa


wouldn't let go of Alexa's soccer ball


watching brother swing


another slide with Alexa


LOVES the swing!


I love her big smile


Xander and his girlfriend, Lily

After the game we all headed to BK.  Xander ate a burger and a half!  I think he was hungry.  When we got home, he had a bath because he was a filthy little boy from all that hard work playing and eating.

On Saturday we woke up, ate breakfast and headed out.  We went to Alexa's soccer.  Poor girl got injured, but was a trooper and got back in the game towards the end.  After the game we headed to the grocery store, someone needed more formula.  After the store, it was playtime at home.


Xander wanted Sterling to play with his piano, so he sat and watched


and then took it away and gave her 'love'

The rest of our day was spent doing chores and playing with an evening walk then baths.  I have fallen in love with taking walks in the evening and letting Xander walk the last 1/2 mile home.  He sleeps so well after all the walking.

Today...well we were absolute bums all day long.  I finished laundry, mainly the blankets and bedding sets.


Started our day with eating (and looking oh. so. cute!)


ate our version of the taco bell cheese roll up.  I had some tortilla shells that expire next week and some cheese in the freezer, so I made a meal out of it instead of my famous...throw it away attitude.




being a cheeser


ate 2 roll ups and still had a smile at the end


After lunch, I started painting my little choir people.  I have the lady on the right, her coat and hat rim done.  The vision in my head of the completed result is awesome, so I'm hoping with all the breaks, it will still be awesome in the end.  It will take a few days I think to get this project done, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  The distraction of the kiddos is much welcomed.

We ate spaghetti for dinner.  I made it with Rotini noddles because I'm trying to get rid of our perishable foods that we have on hand.  With our move in the next 10 months, it's time to start diminishing our stock pile.  What better time to do this, when Nick is gone!  He's a picky eater and wouldn't go for the hodge podge mix of meals.  Me, I could care less.  Xander, as long as it's hot and fresh and not reheated...he's fine with it.  So I figure we have 2 weeks to dwindle our supply.

14 days until Nick comes home!!!

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment