Wednesday, September 19

Neighbor play/lunch date

So today we went up to our neighbors for lunch and play.  Xander has a great time playing with her kids, Amena and Bantu, and I enjoy the adult conversation and food by Inam.  Her foods are full of flavor, but she says she only uses salt and pepper, no spices.  If I only used salt and pepper, I know my foods would not turn out as yummy as hers.  Today, she made the traditional Arabic bread with oregano/olive oil topping and also meat wrapped in bread to serve with homemade yogurt and cucumber sauce.
Both kids took nice naps today.  It's an odd day when Xander will take longer than 45 minutes, so the 70 minutes today was much welcomed!
We are going to play tonight with our friends Pam and her girls.  We're going to walk and meet them at the park.  It's nice weather, not hot, not cold, just perfect.  I love the crisp feeling of fall weather!  Makes me happy.

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment