Thursday, September 6

Aug 17-23

Our last week on vacation in the states :(

We arrived back to Maryland early in the afternoon on Friday.  We enjoyed some lunch with my mom, and just chilled for the rest of the day.  On Saturday we drove out to the outlets in Hagerstown, about an hour away.  I needed to finish up some last minute shopping and ended up buying way more than we needed.  But, isn't that how it always goes? 
I think the rest of the week, we didn't do too much.  My dad went on travel for his job Monday morning, so we said our goodbyes on Sunday night.  We did head out to a local mall on Monday afternoon.  I'm glad we did, because I found the most adorable hats for this winter for the kids.  Tuesday and Wednesday I was cramming all our stuff into suitcases.  We came with 1 large suitcase and left with 1 large suitcase, 1 extra large rolling duffel bag, 1 small suitcase, and the 2 carry-ons.  I was overflowing.  Mom helped me take it all into the airport on Thursday and we said our goodbyes.  Tears were shed, but that was expected.  I was teary eyed all morning dreading the official goodbye. 
I have to say that this week was by far my favorite.  The kids and I were able to chill, no traveling for long distances, no airplane rides, it was just relaxing.  I think it was what we needed after 3 weeks of being on the go. 

And there we have it, our vacation.  Next I will hopefully get some pictures up from the vacation.  It's going to be hard to choose only a few, but I'll try.  After that, I can finally get back to regular postings.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment