Friday, September 7

ST night 3...starting over

All right ya'll...last night I gave it another try.  I know, you're supposed to be consistent to allow this to work.    Well I'm the mom that has a hard. hard. time allowing the baby to be upset for so long.  Anyways...last night was magical.  The night prior was horrendous...and I was committed from the horrible night before.  She was up every 2 hours acting starved and devouring 4 oz of milk every time.  I had enough.  I was tired.  Even more, exhausted.

Last nights schedule:

6 pm - 6 oz bottle
7:45 - 1 container of chicken with rice nutritious dinner with some added rice cereal
8:20 - she started getting fussy so I layed her in her bed and she fell asleep right away
(now, normally she has a bottle before she goes to bed, so I knew she wouldn't sleep long, but I also didn't want her to be overtired.  That right there could be all the problems in her sleep habits.)
10:20 - she woke up (I knew she would before midnight, and glad she did).  I gave her a 6 oz bottle right away because I wanted her to have that last bottle
2:50 am - she woke up.  I let her fuss for 20 minutes.
(I thought she was calming down, but every time she'd slow down her scream, it would just get louder, so...)
3:10 - I gave her a 2 oz bottle and changed her diaper
(she was NOT happy when that bottle was gone so quick, but I gave her a paci (the green one from the hospital) and she went back to sleep)
6:20 - she woke up.  I'm not sure what I was to do this time.  I ended up giving her a bottle right away (she only drank 5 oz).  I figured it was 6 am and if she wanted to be up for the day, that was okay.  Well after the bottle, she went back to sleep.

Now, I know we still have some work, but I feel this is huge progress.  It was so nice to have the bed to myself.  I had her monitor RIGHT next to me on low.  I didn't want to hear every little thing she was doing, I just wanted to hear when she was upset.

I have to figure a way to give her the nighttime bottle before falling asleep.  But I also don't want to give it too early that she only drinks 2 oz's of it.  I need her to have a full feeding before bed in order for her to STTN.

Yah for 6 hours of sleep for me!  Now, hopefully next week those 6 hours will be all at once!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment