Friday, January 28

What. A. Hiccup!

This week has been a tough one.  Our agency in VA was giving excuse after excuse after excuse.  On the 24th, we find out we have to redo the VA background/FBI checks because they held off on approving the home study because they were unsure of how we were to bring our baby home.  After that episode, I dug out my researching skills and got to work on finding out how we will bring baby home after placement.  I went to JAG.  I went to the passport office.  I went on the state travel website.  I called passports in DC.  I found out how we will bring the baby home!  But that still wasn't good enough, because after I find all that out...she emails saying that we won't have the original BC because it will have the birth parents information on it and VA is not allowed to give that information to the adoptive parents.  I totally understand that, but why would tell us when we agreed to move forward with the agency that the baby would be coming home on a passport with the birth parents last name???  Makes no sense...so I was under the impression we would have it...but NO.  OK, that's OK.  There's still a way.  We just have to get a court order stating we have guardianship of the baby, show proof of the adoption, fill out a bunch of forms, submit photos...yadda yadda yadda!  It's possible and we can have it rushed and done in 14 days!  That means its not necessary to stay in the states for 6 weeks to 9 months!  I mean I would have loved to stay in the states with my sister, who so graciously offered me to stay there until finalization, but I have everything here and would really like to use my stuff sooner rather than later.  Okay, so I don't have everything, but I have the crib and bedding, high chair, convertible car seat, dresser and changing top.  So now, after I told her all this new information about the court order, she finally was able to get a memorandum type document together for when "it's time". 
All the frustration, tears, miscommunication (on BCS!), and delay in approval of the home study will all be worth it.  Sure, we're not approved like I'd anticipated we'd be in 3 days, but maybe the end of next month? 
Yesterday hubby and I tried to get our fingerprinting done, however, it's by appointment only and the next available appt wasn't until Feb 15th!!!  That made me even more upset!  After I went in the passport office, they had a sign stating there was another fingerprinting station on another base...I wrote down there information and called today.  We're in for the 1st!  Awesome!  After we get those done, I'll express mail them so hopefully they'll get to VA in 3 days...yeah right, but it's worth a shot!  The mail has been unusually slow here this month!  I've stopped ordering things until the mail is caught up and moving again. 
I've been in such a funk this week because of all the stress over bringing our baby home and the logistics of it all, that I haven't worked out once!  I'm going to get two! workouts done today and then I'm going to clean the house.  I'm also going to start drawing the mural on the nursery wall probably this weekend.  I almost gave up on that task thinking BCS was putting us on the back burner and we'd never have our little family.  But I'm NOT giving up and I'm NOT letting anything that comes up deter me from doing this project.  At times it's hard to keep faith, but after realization hits, faith comes back stronger than ever.  Even doing all the research and unknowns this week, I still kept my faith that we WILL have our family.  I'm just glad we're going through all these hiccups now and not when we have a baby to be caring for.

Well I better go get my workout done and get cleaning started.  I have physical therapy in 2 hours.  Looks like I'll probably only get the workout done.

2 comments:

  1. I'm starting to understand the hiccups of adoption. I really think even just a little communication can go a long way...I hate NOT having any of this! Praying for you and dh as you patiently wait on HIM who has it all under control!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear the hiccups are going away! The offer still stands though, you are more than welcome to come stay with us if you need to! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete