Tuesday, January 25

No meeting

Oh what a long day today has been.  I woke at 5 am, like 3 hours earlier than normal, was on the road at 630 am, drove all morning and afternoon.  First, I HATE driving in the dark and when vehicle lights are on...they make my head hurt!  Then tonight after being home 2 hours, I was back on the road, just a short trip, but still, in the dark and vehicle headlights glaring at me.  Oh and on top of it all it was a gloomy, rainy, snowy day.
I attempted to go to the adoption support group meeting that is held in the local area, but when I got there, no one was around and the doors were locked, lights out!  I'm so disappointed.  I really want to have answers for our social worker at BCS so we can have placement without the worry of the "how".  I emailed the Department of State yesterday and added a discussion question on the BCS Facebook page.  I would add it to the BCS forum, but nobody seems to have military experience.  I'm on my own on figuring this out.  It's okay, I can do it.
I went to the Russian Consulate today in Frankfurt with my friend and it was a mad house in there.  They decided to do things a bit differently and only allow a few people in the building at a time, so there was a line outside.  In the cold!  In the rain!  We were lost in Frankfurt for an hour and half, but it ended up being a good thing because otherwise we would have been stuck it the cold and rain for that hour and half.  They just started letting the groups of 10 in the building as we walked up and since my friend is pregnant, we we lucky to go right in.  I guess being pregnant can have it's advantages. 
Oh, and my cousin is having a boy!  It must be the year for boys to be born.  I often wonder if we will have a boy or girl.  I'm so excited for her and my friend.
I'm going to get off the computer and go lay down.  Heads throbbing from such a long day, but very fun day.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment