Sunday, January 9

Plans

It's official and I'm SO excited to say that my younger sister is coming for a visit in March.  She bought her plane ticket on Wednesday morning.  Last night we got on Skype together and planned the visit.  We will spend four days in Greece!  This place is a girls dream and I've never thought I'd actually go, but tickets and hotel are booked!  Oh my...this is exciting!  If only my other sister and and one other could join us.  If I could choose that one other, it would be my cousin Heather, but I'd also want my good friend Dena to come along.  Dena and I had hopes of going to Greece together one day...have 4 really good friends on an adventure in Greece.  That would be awesome and I really hope we will be able to live up to that dream.  But for now, I'm going to savor in every minute of every day with my little sister!  I created a countdown for when she arrives.  Today I'm going to create a countdown until I leave for the states to go visit her at her house.  I'm REALLY excited for this visit because she is making a huge accomplishment and I'm SO proud of her achievements.  She'll be graduating college and earning her commissioning in the Air Force.  I'm SO proud!  My little sis and I were not always as close as we are today.  I'm really glad we have built our relationship and are as close as we are.  She gets upset at me and calls me a stranger because most days I forget to sign into Skype...it's not intentional, I promise.  Oh the sisterly love :) But it's only been a week since we last talked.  I'm so fortunate to have a computer with camera so I can keep in close contact with both my sisters.  I will admit, it's easier for me to talk to my older sister during the day, because I know in the mornings she's not doing much, and my little sis, I don't know what her schedule is like, so I don't want to "bother" her.  I wish my other family members would want to chat online.  But then, I'd have to make time for that also.  Oh this time difference really sucks...to say the least.
Well, we're still waiting on word if our agency in VA is approving the home study that was sent.  It was approved by the agency in PA, so I'd think it wouldn't have any issues if one agency approved it already.  I just wonder what is taking so long?  They've had it an entire week already.  Hopefully this week will be the week that we are "officially waiting for placement". 
It was beautiful out yesterday.  Hubs and I went on a walk and as we approached a sign that told us which way to go, someone had gutted an animal and hung the skin of it over the sign!  NASTY...I just wanted to run out of the woods because then I became frightened that if someone is gutting animals, they might have the urge to kill a person?  Can you tell I watch Dexter?  That's how he started his killings...animals...then people.  Dexter won't just kill anyone, he kills people that are troubled and have caused danger to others.  We got home and I put ribs in the oven to get them tender for dinner.  We grilled ribs and brats for dinner since it was so nice out.  We took advantage of the warm weather.  Today is a rainy day, so our plans to go to the Black Forest are set aside for another day.  Darn weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment