Tuesday, January 18

Home Study approval documents

So I've been anxiously waiting to put these on here.  After manipulation of the photos, i feel safe to add them :).  It was like a big party to have the home study approved.  I emailed our social worker at BCS to see the status of the approval at their agency, but have not heard anything yet.  Makes me nervous, but I wouldn't see why one agency would approve and not another.  I know I have no reason to be nervous, but this is big, bigger than anything I've ever done in my life.  Waiting 9 years to have a baby.  Start our family.  This is big!  It's like a day I've dreamed of.  I've always wanted to adopt since I was about 12.  But I had dreams at the time to adopt from Guatemala.  I always wanted to have a dark hair, tanned skinned baby, and at the time I thought Guatemala was my only option.  But also at the time I was watching adoption stories on the discovery channel.  In all fairness, my eyes and heart were driven to adopt a child from the US a few years back.  I'm so glad hubs and I are going down this path to our family.  I feel it makes us stronger and have a type of love no one else can or will experience.  I cherish this love.  We don't know our child yet, but I feel like I do.
Last night I had a dream that we were being placed with a baby girl and the mother and I got along great.  We were sitting there talking about names and she loved the name we had chosen.  We asked her to choose the middle name.  It was a pleasant experience in my dreams, I hope and pray that when this time does come, it will be just as pleasant.  I pray almost every night for our birth family and our child, praying for peace with their decision, their health, and prosperity.



OK, i don't know why this one is sideways...it's the right way when I updated it...ugh!  Sorry.


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment