Saturday, January 1

Happy New Year

Hello 2011
2011 is finally here and 2010 came to an end.  A lot of people are excited for the year to leave and begin a new year, but I'm going to reflect on the positive outcomes of 2010, unlike a lot of people.  2010:

~brought us together again in March after 14 months of separation
~were able to begin the adoption process to our forever family
~moved to Europe...yes I may not be thrilled at the time living here, but in the end, I know this was a good move
~met new friends
~took a week vacation and it didn't include going to visit family...it was really a vacation, our first ever!
~started keeping a "diary" through this blog

What am I looking forward to this year? (no certain order)

~my sisters 10 day visit in March
~finishing my Bachelors degree in Health Care Management
~returning to the states in May for my sisters college graduation and commissioning in the Air Force...I'm SO proud of her
~the placement of our baby in my arms
~getting healthier and fit
~starting and sticking to a daily routine
~starting my Masters degree

Since we have a busy first 5 months of the year, I'm hoping hubby and I will be able to make a trip somewhere here in Europe.  Hubs is on schedule to deploy again in June to December so we are really hoping for placement of our baby a few months before this so he will be able to bond and love on our child before he has to leave.  But as we all know, we are not in control, although we may wish.

With hubs being off this past week, we have been sleeping in LATE!  Every single day.  It's unlike us, and I'm excited to get back to waking up early and starting a routine this year.  I need a routine because once a baby comes along, I'll need it, so I might as well start before so I can get used to following it.  I'm going to make a hard effort this time and really going to make it work.  I may have to do some tweaking a few days or maybe weeks, but hopefully by February I'll have something that works. 

On Wednesday night I went to the BX to order the crib mattress and a glider, but thought I'd run over to the furniture department to see if they had anything I might like.  Well i walked out with a brown leather rocker/recliner chair, like a lazy boy.  I didn't get over to order the mattress because our friends husband was on his way to pick it up with his SUV and bring to our home.  So I was excited...hubby...not so much.  He says I need to stop spending money.  Well we need it.  Why not buy it?  It was only $115 more than the glider and I think this will last much longer and be way more comfortable.  I think it was a smart investment.
On Thursday evening we went to our friends house, had pizza, chatted, and made jewels with the kids.  We gave the oldest daughter a Totally Me bead set and accessory set so she was excited for me to get there to help her with the projects.  It was fun.

Last night we went back to their house to bring in the new year with them.  We had a great time just hanging out, playing Wii, oh, and dinner at our favorite restaurant.  Midnight neared and fireworks were going off like crazy all around their home.  It was AWESOME, we didn't know what to expect since this was our first year of celebration here, but are excited for next year already.  The Germans really go all out and I must say, the fireworks were 10 times better than the 4th of July in the States, with the quantity I mean.  It really sounded like a war zone over here, with the popping of the fireworks every second for 45 minutes.  It was a neat experience. 

Now a fresh start to the new year, with a new outlook.  I'll begin today by creating my daily schedule, writing my writing competency test, narrowing my choices for Master's degree and schools.  I have 3 choices in the top running, but haven't decided on the schools yet.  Big plans for today, I better get started.

HAPPY NEW YEAR FAMILY AND FRIENDS, LET'S MAKE THIS YEAR THE BEST YEAR YET

No comments:

Post a Comment