Thursday, January 23

Thoughts

This post will be all over the place.  I'm sick, miserable, but feel like talking.  Kids are at school, so you're my company.
Last week there was a 5 year old little girl that was shot and killed while eating breakfast in her home.  How sad!  There is so much more violence than I thought possible here in the Omaha area.  Maybe it's more than I need to know about because there is no other news to report so the news stations report all the crimes?  I've lived in Hampton, VA...A LOT of crime happens there, but didn't hear about it ever day.  I like knowing where things happen so I can stay away.  
A few days ago, a workplace collapsed, 2 people have died.  I really do like watching the local news, keeps me in the loop.  I think they said there were 37 employees there at the time of the explosion, but I haven't seen yet if everyone is accounted for.
I had a dream that one of my friends from the military died.  Just a dream, thank God!  She's an awesome person so I'd hate to see her husband, family and friends lose her.
I'm miserable.  My head is pounding.  What does a migraine feel like?  I think I have it, whatever it is.  It's most likely just a really nasty head-cold.  I've been sick since Saturday night, then got worse Sunday and still bad today.  High fevers, drenched shirts as I sleep...yet I'm freaking freezing cold!  This flu season really hard on me.  Ii officially sucks!  We got our flu shots back in December, but I guess we didn't get immune.  Xander started this mess last week Tuesday, was home from PDO the rest of the week.  Nick and Sterling caught it Thursday.  Sterling was home Friday too.  No one was left out on this shindig.  I've been doped up on Dayquil, Nyquil, Motrin, Mucinex, and now Robitussin nasal relief.
Last night I took Sterling to the doctor to have a blistery breakout that she has looked at.  She's had it for like 3 weeks and it's not going away.  It doesn't bother her.  It's more me being dumbfounded by it.  Where did this come from?  What the heck is it?  It's not contagious, we know that.  So Dr. Hill said it looks as if something poisonous like poison ivy brushed up against her.  I don't have any idea.  I know we haven't been around poison ivy, so shouldn't be that.  He prescribed her a steroid cream that we'll apply twice a day for a week.  If it still does not go away, we'll then go see a skin doctor.
Potty training is actually going amazing!  When we're home, he uses the potty.  When we're out, he wants nothing to do with it and demands his diaper on.  Now we're trying to get him to use the potty at school.  I ask him every morning and its still "no, i don't want to use the potty at school".  I'm not going to push it, it will happen when it happens.  His teachers have been putting him (and Sterling!) on the potty though, just so he don't have to be afraid.
Nick hasn't been able to apply for the volunteer separation just yet.  For now they have pulled the officer's volunteer positions.  So now we just wait for it to reopen so we can apply.  He checks the dashboard every day!  On the day this happened, Nick thought maybe it was a "sign" that he should stay in.  No buddy, there's no "sign" until you're signing your name  :)
This is my last week before school starts and the craziness starts.  I'm not too excited right now, but that's probably because my head is pounding and I can't think straight.  I'll be taking 3! classes.  Yes, 3!  That's A LOT at once for a master's degree.  I had plans to work on applique and sewing, but yeah, that has not happened.  I don't think it'd be a good idea to inhale the fumes from the quilting spray while I have a pounding headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment