Friday, January 10

Day 2 Potty training

We've survived day 2 on the potty train wagon ride.  Kids had PDO today so he went in a diaper since we're not completely there yet to go without.  He was in a diaper from 830-1.  We actually got home from PDO around noon, but gave ourselves time to eat and get settled before going to undies.  We skipped nap time today to get some extra time in on the toilet.  He picked out his undies, he chose the soccer balls.  Within 5 minutes of having them on, he had an accident, just a dribble, but nonetheless, an accident.  I almost gave up.  But then told myself if I just put him back in diapers, how will he ever learn?!  Back up to his room to pick out a new pair.  He chose spider man this time.  I had a great idea to tell him that the spider will get mad if he pees on it and will bite him.  I know, it's mean, but I had to try it.  It worked for 4 hours!  Then he was watching Caillou and forgot.  So, 2 accidents in 6 hours, not bad for day 2.  Tomorrow we have plans to go to our friends in the afternoon, so we will have him in undies the whole time we are home, then will put a pull up on him while we are out.  Those have Diego on them so I tell him that he's going to make Diego cry if he gets him wet!  I'm so mean, but I'm sure you've all tried tactics too!  If you haven't, maybe you should try because it seems to be working in this house, lol.
We have to figure out how to make his pee stay in the toilet.  It seems to shoot to the floor rather than down into the toilet.  The joys of training a boy :)
When its time for bed he gets upset when we have to put on a diaper.  That's a good sign, right?
He's now snug in his bed with his pamper on :)

Nothing for Sterling today.  She did try once, but of course nothing.  I'm not really pushing her yet though.  One at a time, one at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment