Wednesday, January 1

2013 reviewed

January:  I took a trip to Bernkastel-Kues in the Mosel Valley in Germany with my best friend.  
We tried moving the kids to share a room.  Yeah, that didn't work!  We have one great sleeper and one horrible sleeper.  We tired.

February:  We took a family trip to Edelweiss Lodge and Resort in Germany, and had a fantastic time even with the bitter cold temps!  
We found out we were moving back stateside!  The most exciting day of my life other than the birth stories of my babies.

March:  We celebrated Sterling's 1st Birthday!  What a beautiful day it was.
Sterling moved to whole milk, but didn't last long and eventually stopped drinking milk altogether (she's just now drinking 1-2 glasses a day, all in the past month!)

April:  Xander turned 2!  What an amazing 2 years it has been!
Sterling began her journey to walking, holding on of course.
We celebrated Easter with our closest friends in Germany.
Parenting is hard work!

May:  I turned 33!
We celebrated mother's day with a trip to the Netherlands.  We stayed in Leiden, spent a day in Katjwik and went to the tulip garden in Keukenhof.  Sterling got really car sick and threw up all over Nicks new car!
Prepared our stuff to move back to the states
Shipped my car...the US is in sight!

June:  Our households were packed and shipped across the ocean
Xander had his 1st movie experience in the theater with his girlfriend :)
Sterling's an official walker...big news!

July:  We passed inspections and we moved!
We love our new house.
We visited my family to welcome us back to the US with a nice BBQ.

August:  My debit card information was stolen.  The joys of being back in the states?!
My siblings come to visit
We get all of our belongings from Germany this month
We made many trips to splash pads

September:  Kids started PDO
I started my new master's program
The kids and I traveled to visit my dad in MN
We took a trip to Kansas City

October:  A month of trips.  We first went to visit my sister and her family in Vegas.  A day after that trip, the kids and I headed up to ND to visit my other sister.  A week after that trip, the kids and I headed to MD to visit my parents.
Went to 2 pumpkin patches
Enjoyed Halloween with Nana and Papa

November:  We're still at Nana and Papas for most of the month.  We went to Hershey Park in PA.  Such fun!
Opa from Florida came to visit us for Thanksgiving.  It was a great time and the kids love their Opa!

December:  Nick turned 33
Enjoyed another year of Elf on the Shelf
Had our first real snow fall
Took some fun and cute pictures of the kids
Celebrated Christmas and enjoyed a relaxing 11 days with Nick off!

Good bye 2013.  Hello 2014!  We're excited to see what plans are laid out for our family this new year.

Happy New Year everyone!  May all your dreams and desires become a reality this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment