Friday, June 28

Not much longer


I've been busy around here getting the house ready for inspection.  On Sunday I painted over Xander's mural.  I was sad, but knew that day would come.  It wasn't perfect, but in my eyes it was a masterpiece!  It was rather easy and fast to paint over.  Only 2 coats and maybe 45 minutes of my time.  Not bad!

I have 2 weeks to get the home ready.  Not in a huge rush, but I want to have it done before the pre-inspection so the last week will just be spot clean.  With 2 small kids, it's hard to concentrate on any one in-depth cleaning project, so I take small tasks and spread them out...for the next 2 weeks.  This next week I have to get more serious about it though because the pre-inspection is the following.

It's also getting harder and harder to create meals.  I only kept 2 pans behind, so it seems like I can only work with 2 or 3 ingredient meals.  Hard!

Do you remember how I asked for the cooler weather and rain?  Well guess what?!  I'm ready for the cooler weather to stay, but the rain to go away!  It's hindering our outside time and driving the kids and I bonkers staying in the house ALL. DAY. LONG!  We made a dash to the store this morning to get some stable ingredients.  It was rather cloudy but the rain held off...all day!  We played at the park this afternoon.  It was cold, but we survived.  It's better than being in the house.  And we got to play with bubbles and meet a new friend, Amelia. 

We even had a special treat tonight.  We listened for Fabio the Gelato man to ring his bell and I made a run for the door.  We rarely take advantage of all the yumminess, but we have so much Euro coin, why not!  Xander was SO excited to hear the bell that he screamed ice scream.  When I came up he was still shouting ice scream.  I go to give him some, but he didn't want anything to do with it.  Finally after awhile, he took one bite and screamed...not in a good way!  It was cold.  He's not a fan of ice scream, never has been.  But maybe one day?  I just thought it was funny because he was so excited and then wouldn't eat any.

Tomorrow we are going to our friends to have lunch and play with the kids' friend, Lily.  Xander has been asking for Lily for about 2 weeks now and we are finally making it to see them.  It would have happened much sooner if our rental car was an automatic.  The move to the states in just a few days.  Lucky!  I'm SO jealous of them right now!  I'm going to miss them the few days they are gone but will see them shortly after we arrive at our new station...because they are going to the same place!  How awesome is that!?!?!?!  We came to Germany 3 years ago, met them at our hotel and have remained friends since.  Now we are getting stationed together again!  I love it!
Later tomorrow night we have a skype visit with Nicks mom.

Well, that's it from here.  Not much happening other than cleaning and trying to stay sane.  Pictures are rare lately  But I guess those are our daily lives right now, so maybe I should show the craziness.  We're not doing anything besides driving each other crazy and those are not good looking pictures, lol.

Rain...you can go away and come back after we board the plane.  You're welcome!

Have a great day!

2 comments: