Friday, June 14

"I did it"

I felt like Xander last night.  I did it.  I did it.  See I did it.  He says this all day, every day.  Last night I had to say it too!  Yesterday morning after he woke up from the horrible nights sleep, I put the airbed in his room.  Best decision of my life!  He took an hour and a half morning nap on it.  He spent an hour resting and reading in the afternoon on it.  The only time he screamed was as I left the bed and walked out the door.  As soon as I stepped out of the door, didn't close the door, he was quiet.  Amazing!  Last night at bedtime, he did the same as earlier.  Quiet as soon as I left the door open, but was out of the room.  He fell asleep about 15 minutes of being in there and he slept all night!  He even woke up later than normal, at 7!  It was the sweetest sound this morning listening to him open his door.  Such a big boy!  We do a big boy happy dance and song for him.  Hopefully we won't have to do it for the rest of our lives to get him comfortable to sleep in his room.
Although yesterday started out rough from the lack of sleep, the kids were both really well behaved.  We went for a walk to the store and to the park on the way home.  Great day in the end!

Have a great day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment