Friday, June 21

Mud play

We received the cooler weather I asked for!  YAH!  It also brought along some wicked rain and wind.  Today as the kids and I were going stir crazy I took them to the park in the back.  Well I decided we were to go on an adventure.  We walked through the "forest" and came to a bunch of water puddles, which in turn are mud puddles!  We took shoes off and...At first Xander didn't know what to think, but quickly started jumping and having a blast.  Sterling, well she thought she was in the pool and wanted to splash with her hands.   All I thought was of the fun my little brother and I had playing in mud puddles when we were very little too.  Fun!  We played for probably 15 minutes.  My great idea wasn't so great though.  Before naps today I started a load of towels.  You know, the only one towel 1 left out for each.  When we got in I started the bath water, only to realize the towels were not hanging. Oh my!  We did a spot cleanup (hands/feet).  Enjoyed a snack and Dora.  And finally getting the much needed bath.  Because my great idea was so random and not planned, no pictures.  When the kids and I go out to play, I don't usually take anything but the house key.  Maybe we'll do a planned mud play and I can get some pictures then?
Yesterday although it was cooler out, we still did the pool in the afternoon.  We just added warm water instead of the colder water.  I think water play will be out of our days for the next week.  It's going to be a cool one!

Tomorrow I'm so sad!  I'm painting over Xander's mural that I hand created for him.  I'm not sure if we'll do a new mural at our new home or just some fun decor.  We'll see.  But for now, I'm just plain sad!

Have a great weekend everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment