Wednesday, January 4

Happy New Year

We said goodbye to 2016 and welcomed 2017.  It was a hard last year on our family, but we are ready to make 2017 our best year yet.

The kids and I arrived home from Georgia Saturday morning, and then Nick and the kids got ready to head to his cousins.  I stayed home because I woke up Saturday morning not feeling well, and after we got home from the airport, I took a 3 hour nap.  I never take naps, so I was sick.  I felt a little better after I woke up, but later that night, I wasn't feeling so well again.  I thought Nick and the kids would be home between 10 and 11 to ring in the new year together, but he drank too much and ended up staying the night there.  They didn't get home until Sunday afternoon, which worked out perfectly.  
While they were gone, I was able to clean up the Christmas decorations without worrying about the mess it creates during the process.  It was peaceful and everything was cleaned by the time they got home.

Sterling wore one of her fancy dresses from her grandma to the New Year's party.  She wore another one yesterday.  She's a fancy girl and fancy dresses are her favorite!

(this is the ONLY picture I've taken all year so far...sad!)

Sterling wasn't feeling well either, but Nick took her anyways.  Hopefully no one else ended up getting sick from the party because of her.  She threw up on and off all weekend, and her little belly was upset.  She stayed home from school yesterday because she wasn't 24 hour symptom free.

Xander went back to school yesterday and had a great first day in 2017.  He's doing great with reading and was able to pick from a treasure box because he completed more than 15 days of reading in December.  He gets so excited to pick from the treasure box at school.

As I mentioned last year, I wanted to try to blog everyday.  A little something from everyday.  My sister helped me come up with a great idea since I was feeling down and often let the stressful times take over my mind.  I closed the blog on the first because I really wasn't going to blog anymore.  She gave me the idea to blog about a positive moment from each day (Thanks, Sis!).  So, that's just what I'm going to try to do.  I may not blog everyday, but I want to keep this little blog going for the kids' books.  Even with only one reader.  



No comments:

Post a Comment