Thursday, November 11

What's on my Reader

Last night I finished the book, Like Dandelion Dust by Karen Kingsbury.  It was a book about adoption and the story of a family that adopted a baby boy and a situation where the birthparents come back into the lives of the adoptive family and have hopes to get their boy back.  It was a great book, but definitely not a book for the weak hearted.  If you are in the process of adopting, you may begin to wonder if the same thing could happen to your family.  You have to be strong throughout reading this book, knowing, that today's process of adoption is safer and won't likely happen.  I'm excited to see the movie when it's available.  I don't think it will ever be in the theaters here, so I must wait for it to come to DVD.  I wonder if it would be a good purchase, or just a rental?
I just purchased two new books for my Reader, I will begin reading I Will Carry You by Angie Smith tonight and probably finish that by weekends end.  I leave on the long drive to Poland tomorrow night so I plan to read there and back.  I also purchased Baby, We Were Meant for Each Other:  In Praise of Adoption by Scott Simon.  I'm excited to read both books, but I really wanted to read, but wasn't available on Reader yet, was, Secret Thoughts of an Adoptive Mother by Jana Wolff.
I watched the video for I Will Carry You on YouTube.  It was emotional, tears were flooding the halls, I'm excited to start reading this one and think once I start it will be hard to set down.  Like Dandelion Dust was hard to sit down the last half of the book.