Sunday, November 7

My mind is everywhere lately

This post is about everything, my mind has seriously been everywhere.  I dream every night for the past week about our future baby, I wake up dizzy, should I crack down on myself and get healthy, should hubby and I take trips before our baby comes home, if so, where do we go and for how long?  All questions and thoughts that I have been pondering this week. 
I love dreaming of our future family, however, I never see our babies face.  I love to wonder what we will do, where we will go, the people we will meet, and the love and joy that will grow every night.
I also have been thinking I should crack down on getting healthier.  How far should I take it?  Do i just go all out and crash or take it slow and steady?  I want to see results, like, yesterday!  When I don't see results fast, i often give up and quite.  I shouldn't, I know that true results take time, but I'm a bit impatient.  If i do a crash healthy kick, then I'll fail, I know that much already.  Oh the frustration with it all.  I did do a workout that my sister recommended from On Demand, by Leslie Sansone, it was great, now to see if i can  stick with it.  I also did 15 minutes of the Jillian Michael's Shred it with Weights.  I should have done the whole 3o minutes, but my knee was in pain, so i quite. 
I have a horrible addiction to Mountain Dew!  I need to kick the addiction to the curb and not allow it back in my life.  I go into the store after not having a Mtn Dew for 3 days and there it is, on SALE, for $1.95...how can i pass that up???  Impossible, so i bought a 12-pack.  This is one addiction that really needs to leave my mind, house, and soul!  (as i sit here drinking one...lol)
I'm so excited and anxious to get our crib and dresser.  We should have it this week or next, if our friends household shipments arrives in country on time.  It was so awesome of them to bring it over for us.  I really HATE the European cribs, they are super tiny and boxy...i like design and shape, so luckily our friends were moving over here and offered to bring it for us.  We ordered it online and had it shipped to their home before their stuff got packed up for shipment.  I'm so excited to set it up!  Should I wash the bedding now or wait?  Maybe I'll just put it all together then wash it later?
Hubby went to his medical exam on the 2nd.  All went well and i mailed out his exam form to the agency in VA.  We received our third reference on Thursday, thanks P.  Now just waiting on VA CPS clearance and hubby's social security statement.  Hoping the SS statement will come in this week and the agency in VA can fax/scan the VA CPS to our agency here.  She mentioned something about the CPS are supposed to be kept confidential, so I may have to order a separate one for the agency here...that would be frustrating, but of course will do it. 
I started painting my ceramics last night.  Thanks to my sister who sent me a bunch of awesome colors and all the supplies i needed, since I tossed all my stuff in VA before we moved since the movers wouldn't pack it.  I'm almost done with a huge Santa with toy bag, I'll post a picture when I'm done.  This seriously is a huge stress reliever and helps make my time go fast and not think about the adoption every minute of every day.

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. You know my answer: SLOW & STEADY! You don't want to do some crash diet - you know they don't work. Just start slow, like if you don't want to drink pop anymore, just slowly cut it out. Maybe start by only drinking 1/2 a can instead of a whole or just one a day, but after you've drank x glasses of water. You can see from my food journal on Spark People that I'm not a super healthy eater. I just make sure to eat semi-healthy breakfasts, lunches, and snacks. You've done it before & you can do this again.

    Oh and I saw your comment on my post the other day about getting the words under my pictures. I'm not sure what you mean, but when I add my pictures and click on the picture, it turns blue. Then there's this box that pops up and you can choose what size picture, where to place it on your blog and to add a caption or not. Or are you talking about my watermark on my pictures with my blog name? That I add with photoshop.

    ReplyDelete