Wednesday, September 15

First entry

So after many days of pondering if I should create an internet blog, i've decided to.  I'm sure my husband will not be thrilled, but I hope one day his heart will change and he'll understand.  I've decided to create this blog as we go through the journey of adoption and write about what ever's on my mind.  We've recently moved across the country and I have free time on my hand, so why not.  It's lonely sometimes, but I've made friends and take our dog on walks, it will get better.  We've only been here for almost 2 months now, giving it time. 
I'm reading a great book right now, It's Your Time by Joel Osteen.  I love his and his wife's books, they are such great inspiration for me.  I'm not much of a reader, but i've finished 2 books since January and now working on the 3rd, i'm excited to read. 
Our dog is not adjusting to the move all that well, he's becoming destructive.  We've had him for 6 years and he's NEVER destroyed ANYTHING, and now since we've been here, he's destroyed 3 sets of headphones and the most recent...an IPOD...yep, that's right, an ipod!  I feel bad for him, but what am I supposed to do?  It's a lot easier on him than it was going to be, he almost had to stay at a boarding house for 6 weeks, but the hotel let us keep him in our room, he got lucky and we were happy he stayed with us.  We're just confused to why all of a sudden is he chewing on things??  Frustrating!!
We received an email today that our household goods arrived in country, so they will be getting delivered on Tuesday, this is exciting!  We've been without our stuff since June 23rd!  We're ready to wear some different clothes, sit at a dining table, sit on our couches, sleep in our own bed...the list can continue!  I'm excited to make our home a home finally.
My husband has been wanting me to get on a schedule, but I find it hard to right now.  I really want to, but I'm not seeing a purpose for it since i'm not working or anything.  I should just try it out and see how it goes, maybe tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment