Friday, March 20

Friday Favorites

Hello friends!  I’m so excited that spring is hear and warm weather is on the horizon.  I’m also excited for the thunderstorms that we get here in the Nebraska.  Weird? Perhaps.  Storms mean you get to stay inside and take it easy…or get things done that you haven’t had time to get done.  I’m ready, either way!

Linking up again this week with all the sweet ladies.  Darci, April, Christina and Natasha from Five on Friday and Narci, Erika, and Andrea from Friday Favorites.

{One}  My little mini had her 3rd birthday this week.  You can read more here in this post, and I’ll be making another post with the pictures from the main camera for Monday.  It was a fun and simple day!

DSC_0216

{Two} We purchased tickets to Disney on Ice Frozen.  We’re going to give the kids something for Easter letting them know we are going soon.  They are going to be SO excited!

(Image from Google)

{Three}Warm weather.  I love when the weather is in the 60s and 70s.  That’s perfect weather in my book.  Today we headed to the park and the kids took off the socks and shoes! 

01d540f8540cbc10487faf7dc479eb02c2f553ed4b

{Four}My sister’s family may be coming to visit Easter weekend.  I’m hopeful that they will.  It would be awesome to meet my newest niece!  If they can’t make it, I’ll be up to visit them in May.

{Five} I amazed myself and baked and decorated the mini a Sofia cupcake cake dress in 3 hours.  It’s not perfect, but she loved it!  At last minute I switched it from a giant cupcake to the Sofia dress, and I’m glad I did.  Her eyes lite up!

DSC_0203

{Six} Family game night.  We’ve started adding in game night at least once a week and it’s been so much fun!  We all have fun and get many giggles in during that time.  We’ve been playing Roll & Play, it’s such a hit!

DSC_0183

{Seven} Getting out and staying sane.  It’s always been hard to take both kids out by myself.  Only because when they are together they act like buffoons and are loud and embarrassing.  So, for the past year, I’ve been minimizing outings with both kids alone.  Today, the three of us ventured out to the children’s museum, lunch (inside a restaurant, not a drive-thru), and the park.  There were a few meltdowns inside the museum all from Sterling, but Xander did awesome the whole time.  He said he didn’t have fun though because the princess wasn’t there today like the last time we visited.  He’s looking for his future wife?!

They painted their faces, rode the train, played in the ball suction area, “on the farm” area, and a little play area at the museum.  We stayed for three hours!

This picture cracks me up because Sterling was concerned about the empty highchair and then Xander ran upstairs and ran back down and said “here’s our baby”.  They sat down and ate.

01462720de1ac7f7b5dd85ed3bc0db601ea2e4ca3a

Meltdown 4,356 because Bubba had a horse and she wanted it. Three year olds are though people.  Really tough.  I remember going through this same phase with Xander and a few months ago he got better and now we’re dealing with this little thing. Six to eight more months of this craziness!  Hopefully that’s it!

017a73c0c9c0c2c0fb6b8042b79e7bb184ca8059a6

{Eight} Preparing supplies to create Sterling some literacy learning kits.  I feel she’s a bit behind on recognizing her letters and numbers.  So, I’m going to make it fun for her.  I picked all this up from the Dollar Tree. 

016261e77fff300e77a24e1d708315fceed6f3124e

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great weekend!

 

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG                

No comments:

Post a Comment