Thursday, March 26

Life Lately

Remember last week when I mentioned hubs will be working overnights for a week?  Well it totally blows!  Do you know how impossible it is to keep two toddlers reasonably quiet so he can sleep while we’re awake? Totally impossible people.  And it’s stressful.  For both the kids and I.  I felt like all I said to them all weekend was “BE quiet, daddy’s sleeping.”  It’s a good thing our house has three floors because we were able to head to the basement for a majority of our days but we could only take so much time spent down there.  I really don’t know how anyone can work an overnight shift with toddlers at home.  I was thankful for Monday to come where we’d be out of the house for 6.5 hours. 

Have you ever threatened to give your kids toys away?  I totally did this past weekend.  I even went as far as putting all the basement toys in garbage bags.  Not even joking.  Do you ever get tired of telling your kid to put their toys away 5 million times?!  I think with the stress of trying to keep the kids quiet this weekend and being forced to the basement pulled on my nerves like never before.  I was so tired of telling Xander to pick up his toys that he wasn’t playing with that I just grabbed bags and started stuffing.  Even his beloved stuffed Jake (Disney pirate character).  Man did he cry!  I kept telling him that some other boy will love his Jake just as much as him.  He thinks I can just drive him to the new boys house and he can ask for it back.  I’m not really giving his toys away, but he’s not getting them back until Saturday morning.  The toys are in time-out.

Somehow I missed a schoolwork deadline last week.  I kept looking at my schedule during the week and I kept seeing that everything was due on the 22nd, so I procrastinated, like usual.  I’m the queen of procrastination and I always do well with my grades.  But I need to stop.  When I looked at my schedule Saturday morning, I noticed I had a big assignment due the night before.  Oops!  It’s in the class with the nit picky teacher too.  Not good, not good!  This week I’m going to do better and work on my work during the week.  I need to get on top of it and stay on top. Spring break got me off my groove and I didn’t get back on it.  Gotta catch up this week.

Yesterday was hubs last day of work until MONDAY!  Woohoo!  We get the ole man home with us for a few days.  I picked the kiddos up early from school yesterday because Xander hasn’t been feeling well.  He kept complaining his belly hurt and was in the bathroom a bunch.  So, they called, and I went to get him.  He’s now resting up in his room because if he’s getting the flu, we want his germs to only be around him.  He’s actually okay with it.  Thanks to a recent Peppa Pig episode I think!

Xander’s going to stay home from school today since he may have a bug of some sort.  Sterling walked into school yesterday without crying for the first time in three weeks. Will she do it again today?  We’ll see.  I’m hopeful.  While Sterling is at school today I want to finish my environment paper (4 pages).  I have to make a classroom environment Reggio Emilia inspired with the classroom as a third teacher.  Fun times.

Tax talk.  I had to file an amendment to our 2013 taxes yesterday.  We received a letter from the IRS stating we owed them $889 for a Form D info missing.  Well I went in 2 weeks ago with the letter to H & R Block, where we get our taxes done every year, and they wanted me to do some investigation. I did and went back yesterday with my findings.  The manager input the 1099-R and we didn’t owe anything.  When the info was put in, our adoption credit carried forward and covered it.  Always go to the professionals. I would have just paid it myself because we never received the form (because they had our Germany address still!) and so I looked at it as our fault and would have paid.  Good thing I took it in for the professional to look at.

I’m itching to get my hands back on my sewing/embroider machines!  One more month!

The kids love their new activity I created for them.  The idea was inspired from non other than Pinterest.  Sterling caught on to the idea quickly, but took her longer and didn’t finish. Xander didn’t understand the concept at first, but then picked it up and quickly finished.  Xander was particular on where he stuck his clothespin.  His was always in the center, under the number (except for #16).

That’s it.  Have a great day!

01291fb1d6de1fd7252b12613dc01e14b1fe8e2215

0129158ac9aaafd71992efb52b21608aa4bf558d0a

That’s it.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment