Tuesday, March 10

Sterling’s awesome week + a shiner

This little girl is about to turn THREE next week!  We had a pretty big week lasweek.  On Monday’s I go to the kids school and assist the teachers with the group of kids.  There’s a little boy that loves to sit next to me during story time and Sterling is always jealous of him.  On this past Monday, as he sat next to me, Sterling went behind me and bonked her eye pretty hard on the sensory table.  She had a nice shiner for the week, but it healed nicely and she’s back looking normal now.  I love helping the teachers on Monday’s, but Sterling is becoming a non-fan of going to school.  I don’t know if it’s because she wants me there every day or if she just is tired of it.  Her class is pretty small now because her little girl friends moved to the three year old class when their birthdays came, but Sterling will stay in the two year old class because there’s only six weeks of school left.  I don’t mind because I know Sterling LOVES her teacher and I think I may be a bit partial too.  I just hope that she’ll start wanting to go to school again.  We’ve had a few instances of her crying at drop off over the past month and today, she did it again.  I decided to just keep her out of school today and not push her.  

Her shiner…

Sterling's shiner

 

Today as I ran my errands, I had this little unexpected tag along.  We ran around all over the metro.  Target.  Toys R Us.  Babies R Us.  Stride Rite.  The cookie shop (to pick up cookie dough for her birthday).  Home to drop the dough off in the refrigerator.  HyVee.  Home to unload groceries.  Eat a mighty fast lunch.  Conferences for Xander.  Hobby Lobby.  Pick up Xander.  Commissary to pick up our groceries I ordered online.  A much needed stop to Starbucks.  Finally, HOME!  It was a busy morning/early afternoon with my sidekick, but she managed to take a great nap in the car!  I loved having just her with me today.  I never get to enjoy just one kid anymore so this day was fun.  Next I need to plan something to do with Xander.  I’m hoping I can convince her school is fun tomorrow morning because I typically help in the preschool room on Wednesdays.  I told her if she goes to school tomorrow then I’ll give her a sticker. She was excited, so we’ll see. 

Sterling and mommy day

She came home from school on Wednesday, had to use the potty, and then I heard….”mommy!  mommy! I POOPED!” Oh man, she was excited.  As was I…because I’ve tried getting her to poop on the toilet before and she wasn’t having it.  I guess when they say you need to stop pushing them and they’ll do it when they’re ready is true.  Since then I haven’t had to prompt her to go to the bathroom.  She goes all on her own.  On Friday, she started wearing undies to school.  And has been in undies since!  We even did all our errands today in undies!  Brave brave mommy?!  She’s good at holding her potty until we get to a toilet so I guess I wasn’t too worried (but I didn’t have a spare outfit, because I wasn’t planning on having her with me!).  I stopped stressing over her going potty in her pull up and she started using the potty on her own.  I back off and she soars above my expectations!  Five full days in undies and no accidents is awesome.  Her teacher thought she was ready sooner, but I was scared because I didn’t want to take the chance of messy accidents.  So, I took her teachers advice and put her in undies and what do you know, she was right!  Sometimes you just have to listen to others, put your guard down and listen.  It may have taken 9 weeks, but I feel safe to say that she is day trained.  Most mornings she wakes up dry, but we still have about 2 nights a week where she wakes up wet.  I’m not stressing nighttime though.   Sterling, you’re amazing!   You put your mind to something and you do it, full force.   Mommy loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment