Wednesday, March 18

Happy 3rd Birthday, Sterling

0162e05594112f30db4b5027f094eecc973c54bfd9
Sterling, yesterday you turned 3!  Wow has time flown these past three years. You are such a big girl and don’t mind playing on your own.  You’re a mama’s girl and I love all your snuggles. You’re my little sidekick and daddy thinks you are glued to my hips because you are wherever I am.  You adore your big brother and “miss Bubba” when you are at school and he’s at preschool.  The past three weeks has been extremely hard dropping you off because you cry every day because you will miss your Bubba.  I’m hoping this changing soon because I hate seeing you so upset at drop off.
0172f621236ba122b983f048b26096115c41cb9e41
You’re still an extremely picky eater.  You prefer to eat frosted mini wheats, oatmeal, pancakes, cheese roll-up, chips, applesauce, yogurt, cheese stick, macaroni shapes, chicken nuggets, hotdogs, apples, bananas, strawberries, pears, and fruit snacks.  You love to sneak mommies iced coffee too.  In the past two weeks you have started enjoying cake (you’ve always spit it out before!) and an occasional sandwich (still not often, but at least you don’t gag as often).
015c57907dde183c55c770ed02117e540d2ca627c7
Your favorite toys are Minnie Mouse, Sofia, glitter glider princess set, Anna and Elsa (Frozen), memory games (you’re good at them!!), your baby-dolls, and a new favorite toy is your Barbie dolls from Auntie Stacy.  Your favorite cartoons are Peppa Pig, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Dora, Caillou, and Sofia the First.
0167dda80056ce3dcdb6e90bdcf80e43980a8cd63e
Your favorite things:  You love to color and draw, and dance and sing.  You are always singing something, and when you find space, you add in some dancing.  You’re a proud dancer and always curtsey.  So adorable!  You love playing outside, going for our family walk/run on our favorite trail, riding your 4-wheeler, chasing Bubba, and watching cartoons.
You’re sassy!  Oh my are you ever sassy!  I didn’t know a three year old could have so much sass.  You are a bully to Bubba. You are always pushing, scratching, and yelling at him.  (you remind me of myself and my big sister when I was growing up, lol!)  You have such a caring and loving heart. You appreciate things and have great manners.  You are loud and bossy.  I guess that goes with being sassy, right?  You’re also an emotional drama queen.  You have mommy and daddy wrapped around your little fingers!
You were so sweet and wanted to share your favorite cookies with your friends at school.
0188f2f67c5767f1014b08ae8a1d3dfe0bf61033d3
You officially potty trained yourself two weeks ago and you haven’t looked the other way.  I’m so proud of your determination.  I was hoping you’d be potty trained before you turned three, and sure enough, you did it!
You love choosing your own outfits and insist on changing your outfit multiple times a day. You normally pick a dress or skirt with a shirt that don’t match.  You’re only a kid once so I usually let you where what you pick as long as we aren’t going anywhere special. 
For your birthday you received some pretty great gifts for your birthday this year.  From mommy and daddy you got a new bike.  Bubba got you a Barbie doll.  Auntie Stacy and her family got you 2 Barbie dolls (swing-set and pool sets).  Nana and Papa sent you 2 outfits and a t-shirt.  Grandma Naomi sent you a dress, book, Easter movie, candy, and bracelet.  Opa contributed to your college fund.  Your teacher, Ms. Ashley gifted you books, 7 puzzle 
set, memory game, balloon and a princess inflatable wand.

Your birthday menu you picked out was:
Breakfast:  powdered donuts with apple juice
Lunch: Cheese-roll up, apple sauce, yogurt, cheese stick, wavy chips and a juice box
Dinner: Macaroni shapes and hotdogs

While you were at school, mama was busy running around town trying to figure out what sort of cake I was going to make you.  You are so in love with Sofia that I chose to make you a Sofia princess cupcake dress.  It took me 3 hours to get it done and I was rushing because I wanted it done by the time I had to pick you back up.  I also picked you up a giant Sofia balloon…which you popped today!  You loved it and gave her a hug and kiss.
01d4e46eb4c46b99c44fd97d63b1b5237d2ccb936201e3bf7a68aba9dec15a8cde8c2fee69f0f59d377d
You loved your cake!  You were jumping up and down saying thank you thank you!  So sweet!  As soon as you noticed the crown you threw off your school birthday hat and wanted Sofia’s.  You didn’t like us singing to you this year.  You have become a very shy person when the attention is on you.
01f1a6d1f0c477e91ca07c2a147e9cb9b22d9a1e7a0156f4d37edb07e14f3f951dfaa2b1a414a1fee082
Sterling, the past three years has been incredible watching you grow and learn.   I love you baby girl, I hope you grow up and do the desires of your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment