Wednesday, November 13

What a day

Today was an interesting day.  Everyone was calm and in good moods.  I had high hopes that the day would go smoothly and be somewhat normal.  What is normal though?  I guess we really don't have that yet, ha!  We ate breakfast, did baths, had quiet time so I could take a shower, then playtime, lunch, and finally naps.  This is our typical morning routine.  It was going smooth and I was enjoying the happy babies.  During nap time I was creating a budget, looking at my school classes for next semester to determine what books I need to order, making cupcakes for my moms work for tomorrow, making 7 layer bars, and slicing up the vegetables for dinner.  All a while, during nap time, Xander decides that he is not having a nap.  He wasn't fussing, just walking back and forth, playing quietly.  Okay, not a problem.  I kept going up to check on him and telling him to close his eyes and go nigh night.  Sterling woke up 2 hours after laying down.  She comes down to "help" finish the cupcakes.
Then as I'm cleaning up the dishes I turn around and see Sterling carrying my Pepsi.  Which was sitting in the cupholder on the sofa.  I have to tell you I freaked because I was terrified she ruined my parents couch, my computer and the iPad.  To my surprise as she was taking it off the couch, nothing spilled.  Only when she was walking towards me that I saw pop on the floor.  
About an hour after Sterling came to assist me, Xander was still upstairs running around.  I decided to tell him to come down so we could talk.  He's halfway down the stairs.  Bare bottom!  Holding his DIAPER!  Again, I freaked.  Did he pee or poop somewhere?  Nope, he sure didn't.  I asked him if he did anything, like pee or poop on something and he said:  "no mommy, I farted"  LOL!  I couldn't help but laugh.
I can never turn my back on these two.  Not even for a split second!  Just when I thought we'd have a "normal" day, it turned out to be an interesting day. 

Hope you're having a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment