Friday, November 1

Cousin visit in ND

The kids and I headed to my sisters in North Dakota the day after we returned from Las Vegas.  We arrived on a Tuesday night just after 9 pm!  We had a great time.  The kids loved playing with their cousins.  On this trip, Kinley was the favorite.  Bode was the bully so the kids steered clear of him.  Towards the end of the trip, the warmed up to each other.  We spent 7 days (including the travel days).  The drive sucked!  It was a 9 hour drive and I don't think I'll be doing it as often as i'd love to.  The kids did great for such a long drive.
This post is going to be picture overloaded.  Wasn't sure how I could break it down, so here they are all on one post!

First up was Wednesday.  The older girls were beyond excited to have the kids and I tag along to drop them off at school.  So early in the morning to be out and moving.  Thanks girls!  After picking up Kinlers from preschool, we headed to Target so I could get some gifts.  After Talyn arrived home, we let them play outside.  Xander saw the backyard from the window and told Auntie Stacy that he liked her playground.  They do have a lot of fun stuff to play with!


They also played doctor.  Xander loved it and talks about it all the time still.


On Thursday we hired their babysitter to come and watch all 5 kids.  What a task, but man did the kids have a great time.  And us moms too!  We enjoyed a nice lunch at Olive Garden, then we headed to the mall where I was on a mission to buy winter coats and gear.  
The awesome babysitter styled up Xander.  How adorable!


Friday was a very special day!  It was Bode's second birthday!  My sister and I made this cupcake cake.  It was a lot of fun and took 4 hours to complete, including the baking/cooling time of course too.  We celebrated his birthday at Buffalo Wild Wings.  My, what fun that was!  I love that place and so did the kids.  I love that it's such a laid back place and it's okay if the kids are acting wild.  Makes for a fun time!  My oldest brother and his wife also drove to town to come celebrate.  It was awesome to see them too!


Saturday us ladies, along with the kids, headed to the pumpkin patch.  My oh my, what fun!  It was a nice crisp day.  Perfect.  It was during nap time so not all kids cooperated.  Although, we did have one smart kid who took a nap.  Thanks Bode for being the most well behaved kid in the patch :)



Sterling didn't want a picture because she didn't want to sit on the pumpkin, but I made Kinley hold her


After everyone left, she decided it was fun


Auntie Katie helping Xander up to go down one of the many slides





Love these two!


Bode was still sleeping, so the other 4 happily obliged for a photo opt.  I love Kinley's pose.  A future model?


Who can lift the pumpkin?



After Bode woke up we thought it would be fun for all the kids to sit with Auntie in the giant chair.  Sterling was not having it!  There's always that one kid that makes the photo special.  Thanks girl!


Sterling didn't want in on this one either


Mommy and the kids



Auntie Katie went and bought tickets so the kids could go on some rides.  They loved it!  They love her!



Of course.  We can't leave home without it...


After the pumpkin patch, we headed home to gather our suits so we could go swim at the hotel my brother was staying at.  Our last experience at a pool did NOT go well.  This time, I'm happy to say they loved it!  Xander was unsure for quit a while, but he came around and now loves it.  He actually asks if he can swimming again.  Good thing we have a membership to the Y!  The pool comes in handy!

They all loved Uncle Jeremy!


Sterling loved him instantly!


Sunday my brother and his wife left so they came to the house before heading out.  Sterling was still smitten over him and found his leg to be her chair.


Tuesday morning.  The kids and I headed home.  On our way up, I noticed a sign for an exit to Sterling.  I never knew there was a Sterling ND, so I had to take a picture to show Nick.  So, no, Sterling did not get her name from Sterling, ND.


We stopped at rest areas to get out and run around.  Literally, the ran away from me.  Little shits!  We made our lunch we packed so we wouldn't have to stop twice for fast food.  The kids didn't have intentions of eating it though.  They found it neat sitting in the front seat so they had to check out all the features of the car.


It was a great time and it's always special when you get to spend time with family!  Hopefully we'll be able to get together often, even with the long drives.  Maybe half way weekend visits will be in our future?

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment