Friday, May 10

small weight lifted

No, we don't have our orders yet.  Hoped and prayed, but not yet.  I'm getting so upset over these orders, that I decided to do something to help financially in the long haul.  After pinching our numbers and saving for the past 3 months we paid off a bill.  I was a bit nervous to do this right before our big move, but I think we will still be fine financially for the move.  Let's hope anyways.  We will.  Paying this bill off leaves us with sitting more comfortable and can now save rather than send towards a bill before the move.  After we get moved and settled, we'll use this money to pay towards one of the vehicles.
We came to Germany with 8 bills (not including the basics; cable, phone, internet, etc).  We're leaving Germany with 3!

I also scheduled our goods pickup.  Our date is not firm yet as Nick has to attend a briefing and will get either a confirmation or reschedule.  I'm predicting the reschedule.  It's the Air Force way!  Hoping for a date very close to the ones requested though.

Next week is a short week for Nick at work as he has Monday and Friday off.  Monday his unit is off and Friday he took a day of leave so we can take a trip to the Netherlands.  This will most likely be our last overnight trip.  Sort of last minute planned, but really really looking forward to it.  I think I'm most looking forward to the hotel.  Silly, I know, but it looks like a lot of fun.  This hotel has a children's play area and it's huge and indoors!  They even have a nanny that will watch the kids for 4 hours in the evening.  Yep, I'm planning to take me some wine and sitting in the sauna!  Kid free!  I'm a bit excited!

In case I don't get back on this weekend, I hope all of you lovely moms out there have a fun and special Mother's Day with your families!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment