Wednesday, May 15

Celebrating being a mom


I woke up and instantly started making my mom's monkey bread.  It's the most wonderful, mouth water tasting, delicious treat.  I decided the week prior I was going to make this and not tell Nick.  He'd have tried to stop me!  It was my day, and this is what I wanted along side my coffee.  Yummy.  So, even though I couldn't have my mom by my side, I enjoyed a yummy treat she'd make when I was growing up.


I painted these canvas' on Saturday.  I have plans to put Xander's hand print on each.  Since we missed age 1, we will start at age 2 and work our way to age 5!  How fun!  And I have to give the boy props...he's a master at hand prints!  I love working with hand print art with him because he lays his hand down so perfectly!
I choose these colors because I found a quilt at Target and I'm hoping they will have it when we move!  If not, can always repaint, except the hand print one!


We also finished this on Saturday.  Sterling needs a bit more practice.


On Sunday I got busy painting Sterling's canvas'.  I'm trying to decide if I want to start her hand prints now or wait until age 2 like Xander.  I'm leaning towards now.


While I was painting, Xander of course had to join in (I made the circles...to get him to color all over rather than in one place)


I LOVE this picture of Xander!  His new favorite thing is guitars and so we're always pretending to play one.  Too cute!
I was so mad that Nick put those pjs on Sterling!  She's been fighting a cold for the past 2 weeks and we only have 3 pairs of footed fleece pjs and the other's were dirty...so these were the pick.  


My babies and I on Mother's Day!

Nothing special happened that day.  Just another typical day in our house.  

We received our official move orders yesterday.  We've started getting things scheduled and now wait for appointments.  If anyone knows the Air Force, it's "hurry up and wait".  That's where we are...waiting.

My car is getting shipped on the 24th!  Yippee!  I pray that it will be at our destination waiting so we're not stuck with a rental too long.  Before shipping it out,we have to get the vehicle steam cleaned and de-register the plates and get "qq" plates.  Don't ask, I have no idea what they are for.  Nick says it just lets them know your car is getting ready to be shipped.

Nick has our households appt on Monday morning.  We were told that 99% chance our 22nd dream appt for pack out would not happen.  Ha!  I knew that, just wanted them to know we want our stuff gone...like yesterday!

I mailed off our cell phone cancellation notice this morning.  Hopefully we'll hear good news back from that.

We submitted our request for flights to our new destination yesterday.  Not sure how long that takes to get scheduled, but hopefully we'll hear by the end of next week.

Getting ready to go on our trip this weekend.  We're all beyond excited!  It's going to be a great time, I hope.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment