Saturday, May 25

New recipe on my birthday

I have to share this recipe so I will have it for future.  It was simply divine!

I found the recipe at Mels Kitchen Cafe...my absolute favorite recipe website!  The recipe is super simple spicy thai noodles.  I decide to do something I wouldn't dare do before.  Adapt this recipe with another.  OMG...this was to die for.  So, I used this recipe a little and made my kung pao recipe, then I decided to pair it together.  Seriously y'all, go make it!

For the noodles recipe...all the same except...
-only used a half pound of linquine
-I used the rice vinegar instead of lime juice
-I only used 1/2 TBSP of pepper flakes (didn't want to burn the babies mouths)
-didn't use any of the green onions, carrots, peanuts, or cilantro (because I wanted to pair it with the kung pao chicken and that has peanuts and lots of flavor)

I don't think I'll be making rice with kung pao chicken any longer.  Noodles are the way to go!  Big family hit!

Kung Pao Chicken
I use the recipe from Cooks Illustrated but am too lazy to write it all out so I found a site online that is exactly the same as I use with some specifics...
-I use pepper flakes in this one too
-Instead of fresh ginger, I use 1/4 tsp ground
-I use chicken breasts
-I use peanut oil

This meal whipped up quick, less than 45 minutes from prep to finish.  

For dessert, we had some yummy birthday chocolate cupcakes!

Happy 33rd to me!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment