Thursday, May 30

Can I put this here?

This week has been filled with watching Xander like a hawk!  With the movers coming next week, things are totally disarrayed in our house.  It's chaotic.  It's a mess. It's expected.  With new things out, that means new toys?  Um, no!  Kids please leave stuff alone. Yeah right.

He's been putting food in odd places.  Ears and nose!  Last night he shoved 2 pieces of macaroni so far up that I had to use the plunger (you know, that baby one) and tweezers.  At first, I thought it was one small piece.  Well when I had him tilt back so i could be sure it was all out, there was more, farther back.  It took a good 5 minutes before I got a hold of it.  It was huge!  I mean, this boy was determined to see what goes inside the nose.  Silly boy, not food!  He does the same with his ears too, but so far I catch him before anything gets all the way in.

While I'm unloading the dishwasher today, he gets the step stool.  Puts paper towels on the burner.  I turn around and he has 3 of the 4 burners and the oven on!  Holy smokes kid!  Are you trying to burn down the apartment before we move?

He's tired.  Hasn't napped all week.  He's bored.  I'm busy trying to get things done for the movers in a few days.  I'm trying to entertain the kids in the midst of needing to get things accomplished.  Today I cleaned off the stuff from the patio.  I let Xander "help".  It's a project that is kid friendly, so why not.  Sure, we got wet. But, he had fun and did something new and different from our ordinary day.  He's typically easy to please.  I just have to let him be involved.  Sterling.  Not so much.  She wants to do it too.  But, she won't let anyone else help.  Only her.  So, I let her "help" when it's done.  Satisfies all.

We made Nick's Father's Day card today.  Because the movers come next week, I had to get it done so I can pack the paints and he'll still get a handmade card from the kids.  Thoughtful, yep, I know.  I really like it, I hope he does too.

I can't wait until our stuff is gone and our stuff will be simple.

Back to the rigmarole!

Have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Kaylee went through a short phase of putting stuff up her nose but thankfully nothing like that! Let's hope she doesn't revisit that stage! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete