Thursday, May 23

Netherlands trip

Honestly, I had a whole different post written, but have decided to spare all of you the drama that I was venting about.  So, we'll do picture overload instead.


Family picture in front of the North Sea in Katwijk....it was COLD and windy!



taking a walk in the sand


village of Katwijk



The guys and kids hanging around while us girls see the sights


the ball pit in the hotel.  Xander loved it!  The hotel also had extra large legos, play tables, jungle gym, and some play stations for the bigger kids.  An awesome play zone for the kids to have hours of fun!
We also took them to the pool.  They screamed bloody murder the entire time so we took them in the sauna.  It wasn't actually on, but it was warm so we warmed up the babies from the cold pool water.


Blurry, but you get the idea.  This is how the babies fell asleep...


but ended like this...


sibling love right there!


Now the tulip garden in Keukenhof

Lets give a little history on the morning, ha!

We got up, ate, got ready, and headed out Sunday morning so we'd beat the major rush of people.  Nick gave Sterling yogurt that he bought from the market on Friday night.  I gave Xander and I a croissant that I stuffed with Nutella, yummy!  On our drive out to the gardens, Sterling projectile vomited everywhere!  We're 99% sure it was the yogurt.  My friend helped me clean her up and get her in her spare outfit so we could get inside and enjoy the flowers.

The picture above is how Sterling felt about it.  See how well Xander is sitting there?





inside the Japanense garden area


hiding in the Holland shoe


Look at the lace!  I LOVED these flowers and there were so many of them, but these ones were my favorites



This is how Nick felt of our time seeing the flowers...poor Nick, ha!


Now, look at Xander!  This boy was a nightmare.  Screamed 80% of the time!  He didn't want to sit in the stroller.  He didn't want to walk.  He wanted to be carried.  Nick didn't want to carry him, because that's what the stroller is for, so I did for awhile, but the gardens is huge.  So, back to the stroller he went.  And he was NOT happy!
 

I just love this photo.  The flowers look so fake.  There not though.



found upside down tulips





Ducks found Xander


"quake quake"




Sterling ended up taking a nap for half of the time.  She was woken up by Xanders girlfriend and this is how she felt about that!

We also had plans to visit Cologne (Germany) on our way home since it's on the way, but Nick was grumpy because the kids were grumpy.  So, we parted ways from our friends and headed home.  I'm glad they still went and enjoyed Cologne.  I'm a bit jealous, but with my husband, it's predictable that plans won't go as planned.  I'm being to think he has social anxiety.

I'm enjoyed the trip.  It was relaxing.  Nothing rushed (except the tulips).  The kids weren't strapped down all day to sight see.  The kids were able to play and be free.  I loved it!

Have a great day!

1 comment: