Wednesday, December 14

A few more days

Until hubs makes his return.  I'm so excited!  Normally his TDYs/deployments are no big deal and they are...for the most part...easy on me.  I'm always excited for his returns, but this time, I've been ready longer than usual.  I miss his help, I feel disarrayed, and life just don't feel normal without him. 
Xander has been struggling this week with taking his afternoon nap.  He'll fuss in his bed for up to an hour, I go in every 15 minutes to try to soothe him, but no luck.  Not real sure what's going on, maybe another tooth?  I don't think I'd mind him skipping his afternoon nap if he'd take a decent morning nap.  We don't even get that anymore.  His morning naps have dwindled down to an hour tops.  This boy needs an afternoon nap, he's so cranky when he's tired...like most all kids :). 
Today I took the 1 hour glucose test (the drink was not bad at all).  I'm hoping for normal range, but I'm not so positive.  As much sugar as I've been eating these past 7 months is unreal!  This morning before the test, I didn't eat anything, I was told to eat my normal breakfast.  I just wanted out the door before Xander's morning nap so he wouldn't be screaming while we sat there for the hour wait.  I took my Christmas cards to finish up and get in the mail, brought him some toys and thought this will work.  Yeah right!  LOL.  I did about 5 cards and he wanted nothing to do with sitting in his stroller.  He was ready for his nap already.  We had 45 more minutes to wait so we went walking around the hospital...that worked, as long as I was moving him.  By this time, I was wishing I'd ate something because I was beginning to feel light headed...yikes.  I sipped on some water and was fine.  As soon as we got back to the car, I was eating my protein bar I was encouraged to take with me.  I'm glad I listened to this step!  Xander was knocked out before I even backed out of the parking space, so i decided to use this time to go finish the cards in the post office parking lot while he napped.  I'm glad I did because he was able to get an hour nap in. 
(I just checked on Xander, 1 hour and 15 minutes later he's finally sleeping)
In other news, we finally have decided on baby girls first name.  Once we finalize the middle name, I'll let everyone know.  I'm excited that we finally have narrowed it down.  It's been between two names for about 2 weeks.  Then I realized that I liked the middle name of the one name choice and the first name to the other...so I put those together and we agreed.  But now, he wants to add in another middle name...yikes.  We'll see, my sister gave me a nice alternative to hubs desire...so now i'm waiting for a reply to see what he says.
Well until we have decided on the name...

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment