Sunday, December 18

28 weeks

How far along? 28 Weeks (18 December 2011)
Total weight gain: 15+
Gender: Girl

Maternity clothes? Maternity, except PJ’s
Stretch marks?  Thankfully not yet
Sleep: Not so great…been waking up around 2 am for the past 3 nights, wide awake.  Maybe my body is preparing for middle of the night feedings…ha!
Best moment this week: Nick came home today
Miss Anything? Sleeping on my back without fear of losing the baby
Movement:
Mostly at night and first thing in the morning.  All day yesterday I could not feel her move; that scared me.  I normally feel her first thing in the morning, and nothing.  So I tried taking it easy, hoping she was just getting some extra rest.  I used the fetal home Doppler… (4 times!), heart beat still strong.  Before bed, I still hadn’t felt her move so of course I didn’t sleep well at all.  I woke up at 2 and did another heart beat check, still strong…then suddenly she started moving and won’t stop now (which I love to feel)!  She must have been having a resting day, taking the day off, and wanting to give mommy the jitters all day long.  Let’s just say if I didn’t have the fetal home Doppler, I would have been at labor and delivery because I was getting worried

Food cravings: Still chocolate, fruity candies, and peanut butter…along with puppy chow and oatmeal cookies
Anything making you queasy or sick: working my way to having meats again…slowly
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Heartburn every night, some serious killer back pain, and round ligament pain (I think…hope) at the top of the uterus along the ribs

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
What I’m looking forward to:  Snow, Christmas morning (I’ll be 29 weeks), my appointment at OB tomorrow morning (which I will bring up the no movement all day), and clearing out the baby’s room to start personalizing it for the little peanut.

Oh, and we have a name, however, hubby thinks we shouldn’t say anything until after she’s born…just in case we change our minds.  We better not because I’m planning on putting her name on the wall...ha!  I'll say it will start with a 'B'.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment