Monday, August 6

"Old" gowns and "desk beds"

Good morning!  On Friday evening, Nick arrived home and everyone was outside and excited to see him.  Sterling loves the "old" style gowns and dresses, so she was excited to show daddy her new nightgown.


We always have time for goofy faces!


But the sweetness that comes after puts my heart in a puddle.


On Saturday morning, we got started right away taking all the furniture out of the boxes.  We did Xander's bed first.  Then the entertainment center.  Unfortunately, the glass was broken on the door to the TV console.  Later when we opened the pier cabinets, we found a huge hole in the bottom of the one door.  What a bummer!  I was so excited to get everything set up and decorated.  But, the company was great to work with and they are sending out new pieces.



At least we were able to put Xander's "desk bed" put together.  This is one sturdy bed!  He loves it!


 Sterling and I watched The Sound of Music (she wants those dresses too!)


Sterling went outside to work on her gymnastic skills.  She ready to get put into a class!


Her cartwheels have come a long way too!


We worked all day on Saturday.  Hopefully the next weekend Nick comes home it will be the last "work" weekend.  We'll only have the entertainment center to put together and pictures to hang.  Unless the entertainment center doesn't arrive by then.  After that weekend, we should be able to actually start enjoying our weekends.

I have a garage full of cardboard and Styrofoam to take out today.  I think my garbage and recycling men are getting tired of all the extras I'm putting out.  I think next week will be the last of my last bulky pickups.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment