Thursday, August 2

Lately

Good morning!  We are having a hard time sleeping since we've moved.  I don't know if it's all the changes, fear, or just not having Nick home regularly, but man, we are sleeping horrible.  All of us.  We're not falling asleep until after midnight, and the kids will sleep until after 10.  Their problem is they don't want to sleep in their rooms.  I'm not sleeping though.  I only sleep 3 or 4 hours and I'm up.  I've tried sleeping medicine, but it doesn't really work.  It still takes forever to fall asleep and then I'll get maybe 5 hours.  Still not nearly enough.  I'm about to sleep deprive us so we're so tired we just have to crash at a normal time (before 10pm) and wake at a normal time (before 8am).  Maybe a week of sleep deprivation and we'll all be back to a normal sleep routine?  



We found our local library.  It's smaller than we're used to, but it's adorable and has a fun vibe in it.  The kids received a cute {and free!} bag at checkout.



Xander helped me make shrimp scampi last night.  He made the shrimp and I made the pasta.  He loved helping.


After dinner, the last of our shipments for the day arrived.  We're going to be busy putting furniture together this weekend.  How fun?!  Hopefully it'll be a fun family event, but we all know how that usually goes.  Am I right?!


Today we have the fun task of clearing out Xander's room to get ready to put his new furniture together, buying groceries, and working in my closet.  I'll also try to bring some of the furniture inside.  To make assembly a little quicker on Saturday.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment