Monday, August 27

Last days of summer break

Good morning!  What a fun and busy weekend we enjoyed.  We spent a majority of our time finishing last minute school prep.  Because...we're starting school today!  Some people think I am crazy for homeschooling my kids.  But, it's what's best for our family.  We are without a doubt, ready and excited for it!


Look how this girl thinks she's a human.


We spent some time at the pool so Sterling could try out her one piece swim suit.  She has been begging for a one piece for over a month.  I've never bought them because they are a pain if she needs to use the bathroom.  She pretended to be a mermaid the entire two hours.


It was only in the high 70s and cloudy, so he was covered up a lot.


After a quick break, the kids had Brazilian jiu-jitsu try outs.  Xander didn't like it because he kept getting hurt.


Sterling hated it!  She was hilarious with all her eye rolls she was giving me.  During water breaks she'd come over and tell me there was "no way I'm doing this!" ha ha!  She hated other people's sweat on her.  I don't blame her, I would too.  But, she finished practice just for her daddy.


Lulu is still the sweetest pup ever.  Can you find her?  She's so darn smart for only 2 months old.  For the past three days, she's been going to the back door to let us know she has to go out.  I'm just in shock at how quick she's picked up the routine.  She's had a few accidents of course, but we're keeping her off the carpet so it's easy cleanup.  I use YL Thieves cleaner and it's working great.  And leaving the best scent behind.


This week, Nick and I will be celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary.  How in the world has it been 17 years already?!  Nick is actually coming home that afternoon, so the kids and I are planning something really special that we hope he likes and will enjoy the time together.
We ran to the party store and Michael's to get a few supplies and when we came home, Xander decided on what he was going to wear.  His suit that is a size 4, but he's determined that it fits him.  Even though his belly shows, as he said.


But says he can just cover it up like this...


He had me cracking up this weekend.  First with the suit.  Then as we were grocery shopping, we walked down the pasta aisle and he saw a box of lasagna noodles.  He says "hey mom, I've had a noodle sandwich like this before"  In all seriousness too.  I'm cracking up as I type this.  A man was walking by just when he said it and we both laughed out loud.  It was the cutest.  Now I want a "noodle sandwich" 🤣😂🤣

I finished lesson planning for the first week.  I tabbed their workbooks and put supplemental supplies in bins ready to use.  I'm not sure I like my planner though.  I may have to buy another one.


I made a welcome sign with our homeschool name.  After the kids eat breakfast and get dressed, I'll set up the school room for them to enter their first day.  


The fear is gone and the excitement is overflowing as we embark on this amazing homeschooling adventure.  

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment