Wednesday, June 1

May Recap

Hello, June.  You came quick.

This post is going to contain an excessive amount of pictures.  #sorrynotsorry

Wow.  What a busy and quick month May was! We had muffins for moms twice.  Mother's Day. Ballet practice and recital. Last day of PDO.  Last day of work.  Last day of school.  Graduation night.  Birthday fun. Weekend getaway to visit family in MN.  It's been busy.  Fun. Wild. Loud. Exciting.  I'm ready for June!

On the 5th, 6th, and 8th I was showered with love from the kiddos.

On the 13, 15th and 17th Sterling performed on stage for her ballet recital.  She rocked it!

On the 14th, we went to my brothers graduation.  He's now an oral surgeon.  On the way back to the van, Xander saw a fire hydrant and had to pose.  

I also wore my new Apple watch (an early birthday present) for the first time.  I HATE watches, but I LOVE this and have worn it every day but 2.  It's so comfortable and I love all the functions.

  

Xander had graduation

Sterling's last day of school.

Here she's taking her last rest time at PDO.


I also grabbed a coffee from my favorite coffee shop


Xander's last day of school.  Sterling and I decided to head to the park to take our time away while Bubs was enjoying his last day with his friends and teachers.




I made homemade play-doh for my classroom.  It smelled so good.  I used the Kool-Aid recipe on Pinterest.

 

Sterling has a nervous tick and it drives me crazy. She bites her nails and her skin around them.  Drives me bonkers! So I went and bought the nasty stuff to make her stop. This was her reaction.  She's not a fan!


We've had a few game nights and this fish game was always a favorite


Sterling was angry about something, throwing a fit.  I grabbed the camera to document her not being happy.  It backfired. She flashed a smile like no other!  She was quick!


Four days after school ended, Sterling ended up getting sick. Perfect timing, little one!


We've been exercising like crazy over here.  And getting too close to the geese!


Happy Birthday to me!  We had a great day celebrating.  We exercised in the morning then got freshened up to head out.  Went to lunch at Kona Grill.  Went to Scheels and rode the Ferris Wheel.  Grabbed Small Cakes cupcakes on the way home (did you know you get a FREE birthday cupcake on your birthday?!)  I didn't until that day. Lucky me.  For dinner I wanted to make homemade pizza, but decided I didn't want to cook on my birthday, so we ordered pizza in.  Xander let me know this was my best birthday, ever!


My aunt wanted an embroidered shirt for her grand-baby, so I made one for her.  I really wanted the Minnie mouse one to turn out, but the designer of the file didn't do a great job on the satin finish file.  So I went and found a new file to make and it turned out awesome!



Friday after grabbing chick fil a for lunch, we headed on the road to MN. My parents went up for the week, so we wanted to see them and the rest of the family.  We had a great time.


After visiting for a little bit, we headed out to the races.  I wanted to take Xander last year, but never had the chance.  So I was excited to take him. I grew up going every weekend during the summer and I was sure he'd love them too.  He did fine, until it was past his bedtime and the dirt started flying. Now I know.



He was cold so papa and naan shared their blanket


The next morning I promised they could swim.  They ended up swimming for over two hours!


We headed back to the farm after lunch. They took a ride in the back of the pickup.


Love this picture!  Three generations of grandpas.  We are always calling Xander a grandpa because of his demeanor, so Nick wanted me to make sure to get this picture.


Before heading back home, we grabbed some pictures with Jax.  These two monkeys were so excited to play with him all weekend.  So glad we were able see them!


The ride home is torture


On Monday it was hot so I set up the pool and we spent two hours outside.  Then the storm came.  I enjoyed a good book and green tea while the kids swam.  Win, win!


A sight I never thought I'd see. Xander pouring water over his head.  He was so funny.  He said, "mom, why didn't I think of this sooner?!"


That's a wrap, May!  All caught up until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment