Monday, June 20

Easy week

The second week of June proved be easy and relaxing.  We worked out, took many walks, learned to ride bigger bikes, celebrated new love, and had fun!  What better way to spend summer days?!

June 7th:  It was such an awesome day that I don't have any pictures or memories of it, ha!

June 8th: Sterling likes playing with my hair and was giving me an awesome style.


June 9th:  We headed to the circle trail to ride big kid bikes since we were getting rid of their 12 inch bikes.  We're trying to teach them rules of riding bikes, but also rules of riding bikes on trails and respecting others on the trials.  Sterling gets frustrated on her bike quickly and rides super slow.  


June 10th:  Out at the lake and Xander wrote his bike the whole time.  Except when Nick showed him how to stand up on it while riding, ha!


June 11th:  I was heading up to MN for my cousins bridal shower, by myself, and Xander needed a picture of us before I left.  So I wouldn't forget him.  He's a pretty funny boy!


As I was heading out the door, Sterling was not happy and Nick convinced me to take her with me.  There was a slight problem that the back of the car was packed with baby stuff my my cousins.  I couldn't rearrange the car to get her in, so we searched the internet for laws about children riding in the front seat.  It was totally legal as long as she was in her booster.  So, that's where she rode and she loved it.  As soon as the car was unloaded she was right back in the back and she was not happy!


After arriving and unloading a few things from the van, my cousins and aunts headed out to Okoboji for my cousins bachelorette party.  First up was a painting event.  I've always wanted to do one and it was so much fun.  I'd do it again!  We made two birds in a tree with a heart.  I decided to put the year Nick and I were married.  After the painting, we headed to dinner, then a bar.  Such a fun night with my family.


June 12th:  My cousins bridal shower.  Sterling has her own style and she's not one to try to convince otherwise.  I just had to laugh at this outfit.  She reminded me of a child of the 80s with her bright colors.


My cousin getting married is the one standing in the middle.  She's the sweetest girl, and I'm excited for her to start her own family.  She lives on a ranch in Wyoming and loves horses.  I wish we could make it to her wedding, but it's two weeks after we move, so it just won't work out.  So, I was glad I was able to go to this and celebrate with her early.


Sterling and I arrived back home Sunday night around 9 and she fell asleep quick!  It was a fun week, but I had the most fun over the weekend :)  I'm going to miss time with family since I won't be able to go as easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment