Tuesday, May 10

Muffins for Moms and Mother's Day

How lucky am I that I was able to spend two special mornings with two of my very favorite people?!  They spoil me.  They give me a headache.  They love me.  I'll always love them.

On Thursday morning Sterling's class had something special prepared for the moms.  We had muffins, grapes, and water.  They sang songs to us, standing right in front of us. How cute!  We made a fun craft together, a bookmark.  And we chatted.



She wrote 'MOM'


As I was leaving to get back to work, she handed me this adorable coffee mug.  Her classroom theme was 'You Are My Sunshine.'


and her hand print on the other side.  So cute!  I still need to bake it before using it since it wasn't 'set' beforehand.  I don't want her hand print to wash away.


After school Thursday, both kids have the same PDO teacher (just on different days), and she brought these cute bookmarks in from the kids.  LOVE them!  They must be trying to tell me something this year.  Read more!


Sterling also did a questionnaire.  I think most of it is pretty accurate, ha!  I think its funny that she said 'she is special because she makes dinner' Ha!  This girl NEVER eats dinner.  But, yes, I do make dinner at least 5 nights a week, lol!


Friday morning came and Xander was super excited because it was his turn to have a special morning with mom.  Sterling was so upset because it was asked that siblings stay home (if possible, and it was!) so we could spend special time with just our preschooler.  Xander's theme was 'You Are My Sunshine' also.  They did the same songs as Sterling's class, but it was still sweet and special.
Upon entering his classroom, he came to get me and seated me in our spot.  Then we sat and waited for his instructions to serve me.  I mean, how sweet.  My 5 year old, bringing me my muffin and grapes.  Taking my trash to the garbage.  Just serving me.  I felt special.  He LOVED it too!

I love this boy!


The most awesome plate I've ever seen. Him and I outside playing.
"I Love You Mommy"


I also received a necklace
"Thumb body loves you"


We made a fun craft and then headed home to pick up Sissy and Daddy for dance practice.
It was such a fun two mornings enjoying my kiddos.  


On Saturday morning Nick had to work at 6, so it was just the kids and I all day.  We headed out to Bed Bath and Beyond to grab a new vacuum because one of ours decided it didn't want to suck up anything.  I decided on the Dyson Cinetic Animal + Allergy.   Holy awesome!  This vacuum is powerful.  I vacuumed the whole house Saturday.


Sunday morning I woke up to two rays of sunshine shouting "Happy Mother's Day, mommy!"  It was so sweet.  But, oh so early!  (Nick worked from 6-6 again)

Xander really wanted to make me oatmeal for breakfast in bed.  But I told him I had my breakfast planned for two weeks and that he could make that instead.  So he did.  I planned Cinnabon pull aparts.  So, I gave him a muffin tin, wrappers, I opended the tube of dough and told him what to do.  He did all of it!  (Minus in and out of the oven of course)
Sterling helped him, but she also made me my coffee. Two cups actually.  She's that good.  
Breakfast was awesome.  Thanks, kids!


Silly faces to end a fun day


These two.  They make my heart explode with joy and happiness.  They are more than I ever dreamed.  Their captions fit perfectly.  I love them so big!


(I should've separated these into two posts, but by the time I got going, it was too late)

Did you have a good Mother's Day (or week)?

No comments:

Post a Comment