Monday, March 10

"I not Bubba"

For the past 4 or 5 months Sterling has been calling Xander "Bruh-ba" and that has now become "Bubba".  When we ask Sterling to get something, we usually ask and refer to Xander as Brother.  I think "Bruh-ba" was her slang for Brother.  Now it's just plain ole Bubba.  Xander hates it!  He gets so upset and is offended when he hears it.  He says "Mom, I not Bubba, I Brother"  ha!  Love him!  We laugh so hard when he corrects her.  Because really, who would care?

And because this post is for Xander, I just want to put how proud I am of him.  He's been completely potty trained for the past month and he has only had 1 accident at school (the first day we took him in real undies!) and maybe one accident a week at home!  Amazing!  He lets us know when he has to pee or poop.  He makes it to the bathroom, even though he's a last minute pee'er.  He either holds his pee through the night or gets up twice.  We have had 3 nights in the last month that he slept through the night.  I'm not complaining because I'd rather him get up to pee than use his easy up.  We still use the easy up at nighttime, but not during nap time.  The first week he started wearing undies, I told him that if he didn't nap, that was okay.  If he had to go potty while he was supposed to nap, that he needed to get up and go.  I think that has worked out because he'll now take an hour and half nap almost every day!  And he stays dry.  He has amazed me with how quickly it clicked for him.  It might be because we've been casually working on it since December, or maybe he was just ready?  Whatever the reason, we are proud!

I don't think we're going to get so lucky with Sterling.  She has a lot of interest in it, but she has only went pee and/or poop 5 times in the last month.  She's getting a package of Dora easy ups for her birthday on Monday and hopefully we can get serious with her and it will click?  I'm not holding my breathe though!  She's way more stubborn than her Bubba, ha!

Love ya "Bubba"

No comments:

Post a Comment