Monday, March 3

February Happenings

Feb 8th: Xander and I had haircuts while daddy stayed home with Sterling.  When we got home she had her tutu on and was watching Caillou, her favorite!  Later that night she was loving being a ballerina and twirling around and around.  Xander took a nap this day, a rare event, so we had to document it of course!



Feb 11th:  Sterling ate her first plate of spaghetti!  That's big news around here because she normally wouldn't touch it. 

Feb 13th:  Beautiful weather so after the kids got home from school we spent an hour outside enjoying the warmth.  Xander even tried his skills at making a snowman.  He demanded the snowman to have a "carrot nose". 


Feb 14th:  Happy Valentine's Day!  Here's our post already written up...click here

Feb 15th:  Another beautiful day out. We went to lunch at Kona Grill...yummy as always, the kids really love the potstickers.  After lunch we went for a walk around the lake near our home, it's a 3 mile walk around.  The kids loved the wagon ride.  After we left, Xander fell asleep before we even left the parking lot so we decided to drive around to let him sleep.  We ended up at Sonic for a limeade for myself and a milk shake for hubs.


Feb 18th:  Another nice day out.  After school playtime was outside again.  I can see many days this summer outside.  Xander became a pro at his turbo speed on his 4 wheeler so he was cruising all around the yard!  Later that night we headed on our walk around the lake and Sterling decided she needed to walk the last mile while bubba slept.




Feb 19th:  I had to run errands and decided to look at how to make cake balls while at Wal-Mart.  Trying to decide on what to do for Sterling's birthday. 

Feb 21st:  sibling love. 

Feb 24th:  Sterling had her eye exam.  She did such a great job following directions!  After naps the kids were wired so we went outside.  It was rather cold this day, but getting the fresh air helped calm them down.  We also headed for a walk around the lake after hubs got home from work.  Xander passed out before we made it to the half mile mark.  I guess I'd take a nap too if I were being carried around. 





 Feb 25th:  We started receiving some of the things we picked out for Sterling for her birthday.  She carried this dress around and kept saying thank you, mommy.  I had to tell her daddy picked out her outfits and she needed to tell daddy thank you.

Feb 26th:  We got the bounce house in the mail. Birthday gift for both kids...and maybe a little cabin fever change of pace gift?  We've had a LOT of bitter cold days and it's about to make us bonkers.   

Feb 28th:  I appliqued!  It's about time!  The owl shirt if for my niece.  She already planning an owl birthday party for herself.  It sounds like it's going to be a big deal.  She saw an owl on etsy and I had that exact same owl I made for Sterling last year so I made her one with her favorite fabrics.  Love how it turned out!  I also made a shirt for my sister's nephew, he's turning 2 this weekend, but we didn't make it a "birthday" shirt.  I made Sterling her birthday shirt.  I had the most difficult time deciding what to do.  I purchased the number set a while back, but wasn't sure if I wanted it or something else.  I was in Hobby Lobby and found this bow (attached to her shirt) and I had already purchased the same exact fabric a few weeks ago.  So, it was a perfect party match set!  Xander got his shamrock train that I got for free last year for spending so much at one applique shop.  I still have so much to do.  Xander's birthday shirt and Easter shirts are next.




1 comment: