Tuesday, November 6

What's for dinner?

First up...let's talk about this spaghetti pie that I made last week.  In all honesty, I was nervous to make it because since when does spaghetti have cream cheese and cottage cheese in it?  Because my nerves were getting the best of me I didn't add all of the meat mixture in the tomato mixture.  I reserved some in case it didn't turn out (so i could make regular spaghetti).  I also didn't make it in a pie pan, just a square pan.  I didn't have a deep dish pie pan so I just used what I had.  Another change i did was used diced tomatoes instead of crushed.  The only reason was because our store didn't have any crushed.  
Oh. My. Word!  This "pie" was amazing!  It worked!  It is definitely being added to our favorites.  You should really try it.  Oh, and the breadsticks I made to go with it.  In heaven!  Seriously, really good.  I even did some garlic butter to dip them in...yummy!!!

up this week:

Sunday:  Chicken Gyros with homemade soft bread wraps (from last week).
Last night: pan fried egg on a bagel...yes, boring, not much, but the meal I planned I couldn't make because the website was down. And I didn't want to go out and grab fast food, so an egg sandwich it was!
Tuesday: Taco Pizza (this is what was planned for last night).  I'm also going to add taco chips, tomatoes, and lettuce to the pizza.
Wednesday:  Zuppa Toscana (from last weeks menu) with salad/breadsticks
Thursday:  Chicken Milanese (America's Test Kitchen recipe)
Sat/Sun: Out (In Belgium or Netherlands)

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment