Sunday, May 13

Mother's Day

For all the years I've dreamed of being a mom, celebrating this day with my child(ren), I've now celebrated 2 of the best days of my life.  Last year our son's birth mom chose adoption for him and chose our family to raise her son as our own.  Adoption has forever changed our lives, for the better.  Last Mother's Day, it was Xander and I in a hotel hoping and praying to come home to Germany.  I cuddled him, stared at him, cried thinking of everything we've been through.  This year, we played.  He "helped" me bake a poppyseed bundt cake, wash dishes, make lunch, played some more.  We also had little Sterling this year to enjoy this special day with.  What a blessing our kids are!  She slept a lot today, but we did get lots and lots of smiles from her.  I love watching her, she's seriously the happiest baby I've ever known.  She even allowed herself to be on a 4 hour feeding schedule today.  First time ever.  It was so nice, I'm hoping it continues.
I was a little disappointed in hubby today though.  I didn't get a card from him or the kids.  That's all I've ever wanted.  He bought me gifts, which are nice and was nice of him, but I really want the cards.  They mean so much more to me.  We'll see if next year he remembers...lol.  He gave me 2 necklaces, one from him and one from the kids.  His is 2 hearts connected with diamonds, the kids' is 2 feet with each of their names on a foot.  I love them!  Very thoughful.
Tonight for dinner I made Orange Chicken.  First time ever making it and it turned out fabulous.  I have to say that I've been finding amazing recipes on Real Mom Kitchen website.  So far, we've liked everything but 1 recipe we've tried.  I get excited to make her recipes.
Hubby gave me some "me" time today.  I was able to start Sterling's bow holder I'm making for her.  I have it almost done, just need to add the ribbon and do some touch up paint around the painting.  It looks awesome.  I just hope it looks as good with the ribbon on it...lol.

Happy Mother's Day to ALL mothers

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. You might want to give your hubby a "subtle" hint on the cards!
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete