Tuesday, September 20

Tuesday Tidbits

Schools kicking my butt this semester!  I've redone one assignment four times!  Still waiting to see if I'll be doing a fifth.  Did you know there are predatory open access publishing?!  Me either.  I use my schools online Library to search for my articles to review and do I have bad luck at selecting them.  Even the school library had a few non high quality journals, and I happened to find them.  What luck!  Now I'm triple checking all my articles and so far I've found 6 good ones.  I need to find 9 more by tomorrow for another assignment.  Oy vey!  I'm not giving up though!

Last week I was on a knock knock joke kick and my favorite was:
Knock knock
who's there
Nemo
Nemo who
Nemo coffee

So of course we had to go get coffees



We discovered a turtle in our backyard one morning.  Haven't seen it since though so I wonder where the thing went?  And how did it get past the fence to get in our yard?  I think maybe someone dropped it in.  But for what reason?!


Sterling loves hosting family tea parties


Last week Sterling had a speech evaluation.  She did great, but will be needing additional help, just as we expected.  We're waiting to hear more next week.


I've been trying to get into the groove of working out again.  It's been working out great to hit the basement after dropping Xander off.  Sterling was excited too.


The next day she wasn't as excited, so she watched Masha and the Bear.  Such a cute show!

 

We're also enjoying our cooler mornings and going outside after working out.


Our favorite fall treat.  Candy corn + peanuts.  Tastes just like a salted nut roll.  Swoon!


My sister has been wanting me to go to Peets Coffee shop, so Sterling and I headed there Friday.  So good (if you like stronger coffee), we'll be back.


On Saturday the kids started their fall sports.  Xander chose soccer.  


Sterling chose gymnastics.  She was nervous she was going to hurt herself, so we reassured her that her teachers will be helping her.  She did great.  But, I don't think we'll do it again.  We'll see.


I found Xander plopped down in the chair over the weekend.  He was "reading."  Or, looking for sight words.  He always chooses this book to read (Tom Sawyer).  Always.


Yesterday I had planned to keep Sterling home from school because we had a maintenance man coming and the time range was 5 hours.  So we worked on school at home and she loved it.  They're working on the letter A and apples at school, so we did too.  About an hour before her school would've started, they called and said school was cancelled because of flooding.  We had a lot of rain yesterday.  So our day worked out perfectly!



Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment