Monday, February 15

Life Lately

Why is life so busy?!  Why must there be so much to do in one day that I can never do everything I set out to do?  I seem to only get updates on here every two weeks, which I hate!  I'm sure the kids' grandparents (especially) would like to see pictures more often than that.  
I'm going to try again to do at least weekly updates.  This past weekend we went and completed a 5K together and it kind of changed my life and mindset.  I'll talk more about that tomorrow though.  

Back on January 23rd Sterling received the best mail ever (according to her).  She was invited to one of her friends' birthday parties. The party wasn't for 3 weeks, but she talked and asked about it every day until then.  Oy!


On January 24th, we headed to the trails so I could practice running.  Sterling (both kids really) hates sitting in the stroller, so she fell asleep.  I think she hates sitting in the stroller because 90% of the time, this happens. And that does not excite her.


On January 27th the kids played Don't Break the Ice at school, so we brought the game home to play. Gotta love the perks to working though.


On January 28th, the kids and I headed to the park after school.  It was a sunny day, but I still froze my hands.  Sometimes the sun does not always mean it will be warm.  Lesson learned.


On January 30th, I received this note in the mail.  I'm pretty sure I won't be getting one from this semester, although I am trying!  I found this message and found it perfectly fitting for my situation.  Nick complains that it's taking me forever to finish because I could have been finished by now, but I enjoy taking one class at a time, and also these last classes are all prerequisites of each other, so I can't take more than one class each semester.  So, it worked in my favor and he hates it!


We started February with a winter storm.  On February 2nd Winter Storm Kayla brought us twelve or more inches of snow.  We did a lot of shoveling the first week.  The kids also had two snow days from school.  Which I loved!
Nick still had to drive into work each day. Gotta love the military and their "mission essential personnel" rules.


After shoveling, I'd let the kids ride their bikes.  The rode for almost an hour!  It was a fun break out of the house.


In preparation for the upcoming storm, we headed to the store the day before and bought a new game.  Monopoly Junior was a hit!  It was funny watching how each kid played. Sterling didn't want to spend any of her money to buy property, but Xander wanted to buy everything.  Let's hope Xander will be a little more frugal in the future!
Because we did so much shoveling on the 2nd, we didn't have time to pull this out. But, on the 3rd, we had plenty of time.


We also baked Valentine cookies on the 3rd.  We spent our last snow day as a fun day.


On February 7th, Sterling's favorite day arrived.  Her friends party.


I didn't snap any pictures at the party, but plenty of others did :) 


On February 8th we had haircuts and ice lessons. One lesson left, I can't wait to be done!


For dinner on the 9th, we made heart shaped pizzas for the kids. The kids who also hate pizza!  Why must my kids hate pizza?!  Drives me crazy because Nick and I love it.  So, I thought making a fun shape out them, they might actually eat them. Nope :(


On the 10th, Xander's class had their Valentines party.  I didn't go to this one, but he said he had so much fun.


Xander and his friend made the most adorable cards ever.  These two boys are thoughtful and take time to be creative.  Love it!


The next day, the 11th, Sterling had her party.  Her friends awesome mom snapped me some pictures because I didn't go to her party either.
 


That's all for now.  Tomorrow I'll post about this past weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment