Sunday, June 14

Grand Forks trip

Recapping our trip to Grand Forks for my nieces gradation party.  We drove over from Bismarck on Friday, June 5th.  We met my parents in Fargo for lunch because they flew in from Atlanta the night before.  We ate at Space Aliens…another favorite of ours!

(blurry pic, but fun times with Papa)

cwvDm9asA3Lw9ZNWAbl5esXDcQ

My parents and I took all the kids but baby Maisyn and headed to the hotel after we ate so the kids could go swimming.  It’s the one thing they all were crazy excited for!

Xander sat on the edge for the first hour and half…he always does!  Until I whisked him away to the deep end and put him gently in the water and he had to swim across the pool to get to the steps.  He loved it ever since! Sterling’s still my water baby though!

cwvDm9asA_Lw9YsGTQNy8vW7Zxw (7)

cwvDm9asA3Lw9btnAfl5esWDJoI (10) cwvDm9asA3Lw9btnAfl5esWDJoI (11)

On Saturday was the party, so we all went over to my brother’s wife’s families house.  I didn’t get any pictures of the graduate!  I was horrible at taking pictures during our trips.  I’m usually taking over 500 pics but I didn’t even take 100 the whole two weeks!  After the party, we all headed back to the hotel so the kids could swim again.

Great job photo-bombing Sterling and Gramps, Cory!  My brother and his son, Jaxon.  My beautiful sister and Maisyn.

cwvDm9asA3Lw9btnAfl5esWDJoI (12) cwvDm9asA3Lw9btnAfl5esWDJoI (13) cwvDm9asA3Lw9btnAfl5esWDJoI (14)

When it was time to head to bed, I wanted to get a picture of my grandpa with the kids, but knew I had to sit them down otherwise he’d try picking them up.  He’s too weak to be doing all that, so I stuck them on the table and had him stand in front.  It works.

cwvDm9asA_Lw9YsGTQNy8vW7Zxw (8)

Sunday morning we headed home.  An hour away, I looked back and Xander had a tear rolling down his cheek.  He said he wanted to go to Aunties and that he wasn’t ready to go home!  Such a sweet heart of his!

cwvDm9asA3Lw9btnAfl5esWDJoI (15)

Monday (already home) we had errands and grocery shopping.  I even snuck in some haircuts for the kids.  I went short again on Xander.  I love it short and Nick (and Xander) likes it long.  I love the kids’ stylist and how she always makes Sterling feel like a princess. 

I also had Xander clean up and he was in charge of the vacuum.  He loved it!

cwvDm9asA3Lw9btnAfl5esWDJoI (16) cwvDm9asA3Lw9btnAfl5esWDJoI (17) cwvDm9asA3Lw9btnAfl5esWDJoI (18)

Next up on Monday, something serious to talk about.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like Grampa has a pineapple on his head! 😂 Xander's haircut is adorable as always, but this time it makes him look older! Sissy's hairstyle is so pretty! I wish we had kid stylists here!!

    ReplyDelete