Monday, February 23

Health and School

Health and Happiness talk
Making time to work out has been my biggest struggle since having kids.  There are so many excuses that come up that working out was always put on the back burner.  This week I think I have finally found a schedule that fits my schedule.  I even created a separate blog to document my hard work that I’m striving for…and hubs too.  My goal was to aim for 3 days a week, but I think I really need 4-5 because I need to lose 45 pounds and I want to do it in 10 months.  I’ve already lost 4.4 pounds in the three weeks since I officially started.  Go me!
My schedule so far:
  • Monday-no gym, I assist in the kids class at school all day
  • Tuesday-gym after I drop the kids off
  • Wednesday-gym during lunch hour, I assist in the preschool until noon
  • Thursday-gym after I drop the kids off
  • Friday-the kids and I go to the gym first thing
  • Saturday-either the gym first thing or go to the trail as a family
  • Sunday-day of rest
Creating ‘healthy’ meals has also been a struggle since having kids.  Or maybe since forever?!  With kids, I do find it even harder when you have an extremely picky eater (Sterling!).  Although she does love her some fruit, dairy, and carrots, but she bores from them quickly and goes on strike.  She often goes to bed without dinner because “I don’t like that,” and I’m that mean mom that won’t make a separate meal now that she’s old enough to understand.  She never complains she’s hungry before going to bed, so I don’t think it’s hurting her any.  Anyways, I tend to try to find easy and fast dinner to whip up every night.  Since returning from vacation, we’ve only ate out 4 times (that’s GOOD for us!).  I need to find some new recipes that taste good (have flavor!) but are still light in calories and carbs.  Since I haven’t found much lately, I’ve just cut back on the amount I eat, which has been working great.  I still have my sweet treat every day.  I have to.  It’s like a must or I might die.  Really, it’s that bad. 
There are a few reasons I want to get my health in check.
  • One, for myself.  To be happy and confident
  • Two, for my kids.  They deserve to have a fun, active mom
  • Three, we’re going to the Caribbean!
  • Four, BABY FEVER!  (Maybe this should be #1?!)  Man, is it ever present in our house.  It’s all hubs talks about.  But, I want to shed at least 15 pounds before conceiving so we’re hoping to conceive this year and baby next year.  We all know that it don’t matter what we’d like, because it’s all in His timing.  We’re hopeful though.  I just would hate it to take another 10 years to conceive a healthy, successful, full-term baby!  I’m going to be 35 this year and I feel if it takes too long, we’ll lose our chances at baby #3.
School talk
I’m absolutely loving school.  It’s challenging, yes.  But, I love it.  I still enjoy the readings and learning new ways of talking and interacting with children.  What skills are essential for children and how to help children achieve high-level language.
I love that my kids’ school director and teachers are willing to allow me in their classrooms to assist and observe.  It’s teaching me a lot and will give me so much more experiences over the next year and half.  This fall will be a big change for us.  I’m volunteering to be a permanent assistant in the preschool.  I’m stoked and ready!  I don’t know how many days yet, but I’ll take what they can give me.  Having the experience is invaluable to me.  Starting in the fall, I’ll only be in one measly class each semester until graduation in 2017.  One!  It’s okay, I’ll fill my time with volunteering and gathering knowledge from seasoned preschool teachers so that way I can be the best that I can be when it’s my turn.
I’m ready for spring break though!  I have some major plans around the house and I have to get it organized for those plans to come to fruition!  The kids will still be in school during my school break, so I’ll have uninterrupted kid free days to organize!  Stoked?, why yes I am!  I’m crazy excited for March 9th to get here!
 
Bikes
My Kids don't have "big kid bikes" but will be getting them for their birthdays this year.  I don't know what size to get!  Because they'll be 3 and 4, do I just go ahead and get a 16 inch because they'll outgrow the smaller ones faster?  Or Stick to the smaller 12 or 14 inch? What would you do?  Will a 16 inch be TOO big?  Both kids are over 39 inches tall.  I'm at a loss and could use some advice.  Thanks, if you can offer any advice!

1 comment:

  1. Bring them to my house so they can test drive the different sizes! For real, though, take them to Scheels, Walmart, or a bike specialty store for test driving!

    ReplyDelete