Tuesday, August 20

Getting into a routine

I love having a schedule.  I don't stick by it minute to minute, but I love knowing what should be coming up or what we should be doing.  The past week the kids and I have found our rhythm in our new place, I think.  It makes for such a smoother day.  We still have our fair share of meltdowns, fights, and fits, but they're not as dramatic.  It's all going to go out the window on Thursday though.  Bummer!  We are finally getting our stuff from Germany.  Then we will be busy trying to put everything away or making room for it all.
On Thursday we signed up to start using the YMCA.  I LOVE it!  I love the time I get (2 hours!) to have to myself, be in a zone, and not worry about the kids.  They are being watched by the workers in the child watch program.  Love it!  They love it too!  The first day, Xander didn't want to leave.  He was having a ball playing with the cars and car tower ramp.  Sterling's always been ready to leave.  Today she didn't want me to leave her so I could work out.  I had to distract her so I could run out.  I think I could use this program every day just to have those 2 hours to myself, ha!  Motivation to get in shape!  Thanks Y for all the benefits!!
Shocker of the year?  We went out on Saturday as a family.  We went to lunch at Kona Grill, then Nick and Xander were going to go watch a movie.  Since it was nap time for Xander, I suggested Nick to watch a movie he wanted since Xander would most likely fall asleep.  Sterling and I left the boys at the theater and we headed down the strip to go shopping.  I didn't get very far and Nick called saying Xander was being too loud and asking too many questions.  I hurried back to pick him up so Nick could still enjoy his movie.  It worked out!  The kids didn't nap in the stroller, but they were pretty well behaved.  Towards the end, I let them out to play in the water, until it was time to go shoe shopping.  While shopping for new shoes for Sterling and I, Nick called to meet up, his movie was over.  Perfect timing because we were just trying on our shoes, buying, and then we were done.  Nick's not a fan of shopping, but really, which guy is?  I think we're going to do the movie/shopping day more often, ha!
On Sunday we went to the farmers market.  It was huge!  So many vendors to choose from, but we found lots of good veggies to cook with our meals this week.  
On Monday Nick was being so kind and trying to download music on my phone for while I'm at the gym.  As he did it, something erased all my stuff and put it as if the phone was his phone.  So with that, ALL my pictures are gone!  I was/am SOOOOO mad!
Monday my friend and her daughter came over so we could make our fabric wreaths we are so pumped about.  Cutest things ever!  And, easiest things ever to make!  They do take some time, so we didn't get finished.  I thought they'd only take like 2 hours.  Boy was I wrong, lol!  But, I worked on mine more last night, and I just have a little bit left.  I'll post a pic when I'm finished.  Cute and fun!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment