Saturday, February 2

Feverish

Today I had a great day.  I was able to go to a mall about a half hour from home, with my friend and her oldest daughter, and found some blank shirts for the kids to start doing some applique projects.  I was super excited that they had the ruffle sleeve and trim for the girls shirts.  That was exactly what I wanted and didn't think i'd find such cuteness over here.
I'll have to take a pic of all that I bought...probably way too much, but I'll keep busy for awhile now.
When I got home I noticed Xander was flushed.  Didn't think anything serious.  Just thought maybe he was crying all day.  You all know, daddy is tougher on the kiddos...lol.  As I was putting his pajamas on I noticed he was hot so I took his temperature.  It was 103.7 in the left ear and 103.6 in the right.  That's high...imo!  The highest I've seen was when Sterling has the flu and hers was at 101.  I guess 103 and higher is serious.  But, this is where it gets tricky.  He does not have any other noticeable symptoms.  I gave him some Tylenol and 30 minutes later his left ear is down to 102.7 and his right ear is the same, 103.6.  Because he's not displaying other symptoms we're going to have him sleep with us so we can keep an eye/ear on him in case symptoms pop up in the middle of the night.  If the fever is not down in the morning we will take him to the ER.  Now, we just have to pray that it's nothing serious.  I will have to go to the pharmacy tomorrow to get more Tylenol  but if it gets him better, it's okay!

Update:  0130 he woke up, wide awake.  I took his temp and his left ear is 102.5 and right is 101.7.  We're going down!  I have him more Tylenol.  Still not sure where this fever stemmed from, no other symptoms yet.  He's having some crackers and drank some water,  watching team umizoomi.  I'm going to put him in his bed after his snack since he's sleeping fine and his temperature is going down.  I'm thinking he's going to have the flu though.  His stomach keeps making noises?

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment